This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix playback specification reduced to SD after updating Asus 5z to Android 10

raghav170899
Star II
Just got the update to Android 10 on Asus 5Z. Earlier Netflix used to stream in full Hd but now it says SD in Maximum Playback Resolution. Contacted Netflix support, they say contact Device Manufacturer. Have a HD plan on Netflix...
Asus please fix this

40 REPLIES 40

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
CH_ASUS

Try to clear your Netflix app's cache/data - and also does this still exist?

View post
None of the solutions work. please look into it. also Amazon HD support will be appreciated

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Did you root your phone? Rooting will cause it to drop to L3 and nothing we can change.

raghav170899
Star II
CH_ASUS

Did you root your phone? Rooting will cause it to drop to L3 and nothing we can change.

View post
Not at all sir. I have not rooted my phone. As I have stated earlier Netflix used to stream at full Hd resolution on Android Pie but this problem started after updating to Android 10.
It was stable OTA build. I have not used the beta version.
And this problem is not limited to just my phone, it is prevelant with several users of Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Kindly provide a fix . It has been a more than a month since I reported this .

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
raghav170899

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/38691#Comment_38691

Not at all sir. I have not rooted my phone. As I have stated earlier Netflix used to stream at full Hd resolution on Android Pie but this problem started after updating to Android 10.

It was stable OTA build. I have not used the beta version.

And this problem is not limited to just my phone, it is prevelant with several users of Asus Zenfone 5Z.

Kindly provide a fix . It has been a more than a month since I reported this .

View post
It is difficult to provide a fix for something we cannot see. But we'll look more into it.
Netflix has been streaming at 720p for ages, recently it seems Netflix made some changes which allowed 1080p streaming , for relevant HD enabled Netflix-account.

But you are saying your device cannot stream even 720p but rather defaults down to "SD" , something like 480p.
And I can see it is likely because your device is recognized as Widevine L3 by Netflix ;

What does this app report? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo&hl=en
You may post a screenshot of the information page from the device.

Then the follow-up would be to find out, why is your device reporting Widevine L3 - even if you say you did not root/unlock it.

Which is your firmware version?

raghav170899
Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/38693#Comment_38693

It is difficult to provide a fix for something we cannot see. But we'll look more into it.

Netflix has been streaming at 720p for ages, recently it seems Netflix made some changes which allowed 1080p streaming , for relevant HD enabled Netflix-account.

But you are saying your device cannot stream even 720p but rather defaults down to "SD" , something like 480p.

And I can see it is likely because your device is recognized as Widevine L3 by Netflix ;

What does this app report? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo&hl=en

You may post a screenshot of the information page from the device.

Then the follow-up would be to find out, why is your device reporting Widevine L3 - even if you say you did not root/unlock it.

Which is your firmware version?

View post
zainzidane

After updating to Android 10 I seem to have lost the widevine L1 certificate all of a sudden. When I checked on Netflix it says that my device has L3 certificate (check screenshot). Is this a know bug? Please help.

However the DRM info app shows the device has L1 certificate (check screenshot). Is it a problem with Netflix then?

BC95JR5B4C6N.jpg

BL562JKRP1LB.jpg

Widevine L1 lost on Asus Zenfone 5z
Kindly see this thread . Same problem .