This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte on the ROG Phone 2

Jango52517
Star III
After hours of research I found out that it seems that the ROG Phone 2 has the hardware necessary for Volte and band 71. I understand that ASUS may have their reasons for not wanting to get certified but realistically 99% of people would rather just get a different phone as opposed to switching carriers. What are the odds that ASUS could get the ROG 2 certified and get Volte enabled and band 71 supported? I genuinely want to keep this phone but realistically I don't think i can, I might have yo return it if Asus decides to refuse to care about its customers and products... I love the company but this is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth like it is for many others.

TLDR: What are the odds of getting Volte and band 71 on the ROG Phone 2?
23 REPLIES 23

Ron999
Star I
The thing is, in addition to not providing basic functionality that should be included in any phone, let alone a "flagship" phone, ASUS seems to go out of their way to make it difficult for developers, or at the very least makes no consideration for developers. Read the XDA thread on enabling VoLTE to see how many hoops they had to jump thru because ASUS leaves out features. I have run into several root apps that won't run on the ROG 2 because ASUS somehow locks things down even from root apps. It's frustrating. The ROG 2 is a unique device that appeals to tech enthusiasts but it seems ASUS only cares about gamers.

erikvz1014
Star I

erikvz1014
Star I
I took pictures of my rog phone 2 manual,it says it works with VoLTE , I'm using the phone with T mobile but when make a call it's using H+ not VoLTE

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
erikvz1014

I took pictures of my rog phone 2 manual,it says it works with VoLTE , I'm using the phone with T mobile but when make a call it's using H+ not VoLTE

View post
Yes because ASUS has to do something on their end as well, and it also depends on your carrier if they support the device or not. But if you are like me where my telco actually does in fact try to support as many new devices by leaving the VoLTE channel open and not blocking any new device as long as it is VoLTE capable then I can only say we are stuck with waiting for ASUS to enable it.
I called my telco up many times for this matter and they can't do anything as they have mentioned to me that they aren't blocking any device from using their VoLTE services.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
erikvz1014

9EQPB73T148J.jpg

9DL4HW7XFTVP.jpg

View post
Yea hope this might reverse their decision and just enable it since it is printed in the manual...