cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zenfone 6] Samsung S9/S9+ charger (bundled) not working with zenfone 6

yashtr
Star III
Hi,
I have a Samsung S9 for work and usually have my samsung charger ( came with box) at my office desk. A week ago I tried to charge my brand new Zenfone 6 with it and the device charged for almost 5 seconds and then stopped charging out of the blue (not just led light turning off). I thought the charger was faulty but after trying to charge with two other s9/s9+ chargers, my zenfone just wouln't charge. Can someone confirm if this is a bug or should I take my device to service center?
16 REPLIES 16

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Refer to ZenCare's answer in other posts:
Sorry, we are unable to determine the cause of the non-genuine equipment outage. If the original equipment is used normally, it means that the mobile phone charging function can be used normally. Thank you.
MIYZEQCOZLIO.jpg
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=390349&extra=page%3D2&mobile=2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
yashtr

Yes the asus charger works just fine no issues there. I don't know why it's not charging with the samsung one. Can this be a fault in my unit??

View post
Are you 100% sure it's not charging? Don't mind the charging LED or even charging symbols because this is a know issue that will be solved in the next FOTA but I'm unaware of that it shouldn't charge at all.
Please leave the charger in for about 30min and check if the battery life has gone up

yashtr
Star III
Yes, I am.100% sure. Also I was aware of the LED issue and I thought it was charging. But after an hour the percentage remained the same. Then I did further testing, after connecting the charger the charging is on for about 10 seconds and I can not see the charging icon on notification bar. I went to Settings -> Battery and I do not see battery charging msg. But just to be extra sure I am going to test it again.

yashtr
Star III
Hi,
I just checked it again and it's not charging. Happening with samsung s9/s9+ charger (checked with three different s9 chargers). Can someone else confirm if this behaviour?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
yashtr

Hi,

I just checked it again and it's not charging. Happening with samsung s9/s9+ charger (checked with three different s9 chargers). Can someone else confirm if this behaviour?

View post
Have you tried that charger with another cable, such as the asus cable? Just curious. I haven't had any trouble with any of the chargers (several) or cords that I have in terms of actual charging but I don't have a Samsung charger.