This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8gb ram multitasking

Kamil
Rising Star I
Hey, I am on the last android 10 update but my phone 8/256 GB version behave more like 6 GB i mean ram usage is around 5,5 GB top (70%show in system developer options) and then the phone starts killing apps. Is this normal? I have usage of ram over 90 % on my older phone.?

Ofc I turn off all power management and optiflex for test that out but get same results.
Another issue Switching between apps is smooth and quick but after turn screen off for some time switching between apps gets laggy almost as apps get loaded from swap memory not ram oO.

I don't know how it was on android 9 because i update the system and do the format right out the box.
25 REPLIES 25

Kamil
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/38021#Comment_38021

Would you like me to clean it up? Which emoji would you like me to save? I'm partial to the alien. 😉

View post
yep save alien ty ?️ : o

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's funny how some users want us to use as little RAM as possible and then we have threads like this 🙂
Right now, 6.7-6.8GB seems to be about as much as you can fill a 8GB ZenFone 6 (when looking in Mobile Manager) regardless if optiflex is enabled or not.
I understand why you want it to be 100% if possible and there is probably a very good reason why this never happens. I honestly don't know right now but I will ask an expert and get back to you.

Kamil
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

It's funny how some users want us to use as little RAM as possible and then we have threads like this 🙂

Right now, 6.7-6.8GB seems to be about as much as you can fill a 8GB ZenFone 6 (when looking in Mobile Manager) regardless if optiflex is enabled or not.

I understand why you want it to be 100% if possible and there is probably a very good reason why this never happens. I honestly don't know right now but I will ask an expert and get back to you.

View post
No, it's not ok dude and its just killing apps in the background. Now, I am sure that ram management is bugged on asus and it is killing apps by itself for no reason. The second time I wake up and what I see I have a few apps open rest is gone. And it is not like I was on the edge of the ram use at this time. This is an issue a real one and it is not funny?
I have 9 normal non-games apps open when i wake up rest was gone yesterday i wake up and 4 apps were open xD this is a joke..

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
As I said, I will ask for the logic behind our RAM management. Some brands are known for killing apps in the background to save battery life. I don't know yet what our reason is but I promise you that there is one. It's not a bug.

Kamil
Rising Star I
What are you talking about pls stop do that oO and pay attention to the problem oO How do you even dare to play saving battery life card on 5k mah device with 8gb of ram that I pay for about 25 % more of the price : o. ?