This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Crashing and Network Problems AFTER 167 OTA!!!

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright, this issue has been shared by multiple users and I haven't seen any assuring replies that it is being worked on. The issue is that the phone has started randomly crashing out of nowhere in no particular situation. It's been twice that the phone has crashed while I was sleeping. After crashing the phone attemps to reboot but is stuck in the reboot logo for 2-3 attempts (The "Powered by Android" and "Asus" logos, you know that the current attempt is successful once you see those bouncy dots underneath Asus logo). Secondly, sometimes the WiFi and Network keep connecting and disconnecting again and again very fast. 
These two issues are being constantly reported by so many users, all of them with the added fact that "This issue started after 167 update" so please don't tell me to go to a service station as this is very clearly a software issue. I've read reports of a couple phones eventually dying after crashing randomly for 3-4 days. I feel like my phone has this time bomb too. Please fix this issue before more phones die out of ignorance

Here's the bug report : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hzMebc4QyrGqeiSC34w1YVtqSogoQt1/view?usp=drivesdk
29 REPLIES 29

_jis_
Zen Master III
shivank

is the hardware issue been fixed..? or still people getting same 167 firmware out of the box..?

View post
The motherboard problem and firmware version are not related at all. The point was simply that when the firmware was updated, or otherwise intensely loaded on the phone, the probability that a defective motherboard would appear would increase.

Kroy
Star III
I've just joined the club today! ?
No problems until I turned the screen off this morning to talk with someone, tried to turn it back on after a couple of minutes but nothing - up to 8 hours now & phone will just not turn on.
Have filled out a form on the Asus UK website, they reckon I'll get an email in the morning explaining how to return the phone for repair & we go from there.
Got the most recent firmware update on December 31st (110 I think). This is not good.....

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
You're in the UK so you don't have to worry. They will replace the motherboard as quickly as possible. It's just these dumbasses who work in India's tech industry at the end consumer and customer service level that make repair process so hard. It's not just the problem of Asus in India but almost all tech companies.

Rebirth
Star I
Anders_ASUS
.167 caused a network issue in Game Genie and .174 was released to fix that issue. This is why we removed .167.

View post
i got my motherboard replaced and now its dead again after a month. what should i do now

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Rebirth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/13663#Comment_13663

i got my motherboard replaced and now its dead again after a month. what should i do now

View post
Sorry to hear that. Please contact the same service center you visited last time