This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone Battery lasts one day what used to be 2 days after upgrade

rogerstato
Star III
After updating from Android 9 to 10 and ZenFone 6 update ZS630KL_WW_17.1810.1911.110, Battery is lasting 1 day this I am a basic user who use the phone for everyday without anything advanced and before lasted 2 days.

How can I help developers understand what is going on to make the fix?

Right now the phone charged at night is 100% and in Power Battery is appearing duration of 8 hours in balanced mode which previously lasted 21 hours.

Is it possible to downgrade to android 9 where the phone is THE BEST? and after upgrade Battery will be lasting 50% of what lasted before.

Thanks!
33 REPLIES 33

nevilleklam
Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14531/cell-phone-battery-lasts-one-day-what-used-to-be-2-days...

You're saying that between Android 9, and this latest update for Android 10, you went from 21 hours of use to only 8? That's significant.

My first question is, have you factory reset the phone since you updated to Android 10? If not, I suggest doing that.

If you already have, and are still seeing that significant of a battery loss, then I recommend contacting your local ASUS service center for a warranty repair.

View post
@LP_ASUS may i know why it need factory reset after upgrade to new android version. Is it needed everytime we upgrade. This update to.110 is horrible

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
nevilleklam

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36811#Comment_36811

@LP_ASUS may i know why it need factory reset after upgrade to new android version. Is it needed everytime we upgrade. This update to.110 is horrible

View post
It is only needed when you have tangible issues after a major software update. Some of our users have been using the device for 5-6 months without factory resetting once and have no issues. It all depends on what apps you have installed and how you use the phone.
A factory reset is a great way to reset all settings in cases where you can't easily track down the source of an issue. If the issues disappear after a reset, then it wasn't a bug in the software persay, but how the two versions updated themselves.
If you reset the device and are still having the same problem, then we know there is something wrong in that version of the software that we need to look for and fix. In that case we would most likely log your phone to see what's going on.

nevilleklam
Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37604#Comment_37604

It is only needed when you have tangible issues after a major software update. Some of our users have been using the device for 5-6 months without factory resetting once and have no issues. It all depends on what apps you have installed and how you use the phone.

A factory reset is a great way to reset all settings in cases where you can't easily track down the source of an issue. If the issues disappear after a reset, then it wasn't a bug in the software persay, but how the two versions updated themselves.

If you reset the device and are still having the same problem, then we know there is something wrong in that version of the software that we need to look for and fix. In that case we would most likely log your phone to see what's going on.

View post
For version .110. Whats the "official " one-screen use time, off screen use time and hybrid use?
I have installed Accbattery to monitor my battery usage. When is charged to 100%, it saids my on screen use time is around 5 hours. Is way shorter than previous software version. I already inhibits most of the app in background usage, so very few of apps will run in background.
For myself, 8 hours of usage(in battery saving mode) ( 1 to 2 hours with non-high end games and inconsecutive use messaging like 3 hours of whatsapp) it couldnt last whole day ( drop to 2x percent in around 3pm from 8am ), i have to recharge, it is rated much lower than what ZENFONE 6 entitled battery usage time.
I have upgraded to .110 and do a factory reset. It needs to be improved and at least Tells us how to set our phone to last longer. Thank you. Long msg but i do really wish my ZENFONE 6 could last longer.
@LP_ASUS

_jis_
Zen Master III
Battery life is the same, does not change with the firmware update of ZF6. If it gets worse, it's your settings, your installed and configured applications, look no further. My AccuBattery stats with 110:
Screen on 10h 7m
Screen off 170h 57m
Combined use 62h 33m
9SECO1DH1EGE.png

Rustylord
Rising Star II
What was your estimated battery capacity? I wanted to know whether my battery is decayed or not.