cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48MP Washed out colors?? *With Examples* - Post .110 update

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Hi, guys!
Just recently installed the .110 update through FOTA. I was taking some pictures to see how everything looks and I noticed that when I take pictures in 48MP, the colors are extremely washed out. It almost looks like a black and white/vintage photo from a far. The 12MP pictures still come out really good like always tho. Here's some example below! Let me know what you think.
12MP Examples below
BF2TT7XZPXAM.jpg
G0SWVSRYBKYY.jpg
NGEFZISG3BVB.jpg
48MP Examples below *same lighting*
1DSAPOZF29H4.jpg
BCDYDQGE3AR0.jpg
WU51DD4SVPV8.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Rustylord
Rising Star II
Sony imx 586 works like that. Many devs advised us to use 12mp as primary one rather the 48mp one. Cuz 48mp requires natural light, where the camera sensor must receive more light to give brilliant result. 12mp works under any lighting conditions.

Rustylord
Rising Star II
nishaanth5000

Sony imx 586 works like that. Many devs advised us to use 12mp as primary one rather the 48mp one. Cuz 48mp requires natural light, where the camera sensor must receive more light to give brilliant result. 12mp works under any lighting conditions.

View post
That's the reason why OnePlus 7 having same sensor has restricted 48mp in pro mode alone. That's dumb, having 48mp only working with pro mode.

off2fly115
Rising Star II
nishaanth5000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37906#Comment_37906

That's the reason why OnePlus 7 having same sensor has restricted 48mp in pro mode alone. That's dumb, having 48mp only working with pro mode.

View post
Ahhh I see! That's really good that Asus allows us to use it whenever we want. Thanks for letting me know :))

_jis_
Zen Master III
Don't be tempted by 48 MP just because it's more than 12 MP. This high resolution should only be used in justified cases where you need maximum resolution and detail in good light, otherwise use standard 12 MP.
Keep in mind that even the 12 MP uses all 48 MP with technology pixels binning and the picture will always be better that way.
https://www.androidauthority.com/what-is-pixel-binning-966179/