cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 & Android OS updates.

ZT-9cbf5ffc
Star I
Hello @CH_ASUS ,
I m currently confused on whether to get zenfone 6 or Rog 2. and one important factor to me is android os update.
So, Can you please ask the devs of The Rog phone 2 whether they will follow the same android os update strategy as the rog phone 1 or the zenfone 6.
Thank you.
24 REPLIES 24

ikhsanboy007
Star II
Hello Asus, please reply my answer... i am holding a ROG 2 Tencent Edition, my question is "will tencent version will also get android 10 update or not?" Because i have seen from many source and they are only mentioning "international version" @asus @CH_ASUS @TITAN @Kris_ASUS

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
ikhsanboy007

Hello Asus, please reply my answer... i am holding a ROG 2 Tencent Edition, my question is "will tencent version will also get android 10 update or not?" Because i have seen from many source and they are only mentioning "international version" @asus @CH_ASUS @TITAN @Kris_ASUS

View post
Tencent is ASUS phone but running a different ROM from the international one and I don't think the same technical and development team is handling both the international and China rom. So I don't think they can answer you with a definite answer on a android 10 update for the Tencent model.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
PANSELUTA

Don't get me wrong. I had the old Zenfone 5, then Zenfone 2, then Zenfone 3, then Rog Phone. I loved Asus products because I have a lot of other PC parts from them. But in mobile... They lost the battle.

A flagship phone like ROG or ROG 2 without fast updates and without simple options like Volte... Not really a MOBILE phone without Volte isnt't it?

View post
The VoLTE topic has echoed for the past couple of months since the phone was released.
VoLTE is a service that is interdependent on the manufacturer and your service provider/carrier. ASUS provides the hardware and your service provider provides the service. You need a handshake for this to work.
I am from Singapore and some of the other flagships from One plus or xiaomi does not have VoLTE support because it has not been included under the list of supported devices from the different service provider.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/19478#Comment_19478

Good for you

Rog 2 is a great deal tho

And I've been happy with my 5z so far

View post
The 5Z is one up on the ROG Phone because of the IPS LCD panel. Yea LCD has some draw backs but you don't get the problems that comes with the amoled panel.
PANSELUTA

Don't buy rog phone. I had it for 6 months and due to bad amoled and bad service I got a new Oneplus 7 pro. I'm already on android 10. I'll never buy asus phones. All they do is make fake promises.

View post
Sad to say amoled isn't perfect although it is able to produce better colors and it is energy saving compared to a LCD.
Android comes from Google and at present moment, ASUS has to do all the work to get the updates going until project mainline gets to ROG phone 2 where Google security updates will be handled by google and the rest will be handled by ASUS which should speed things up but until then...we are stuck with this.
Can't say much about Oneplus because I don't know how big their technical and development support team is and how many devices they work on.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
sathishinsat2

ASUS provide variety of phones in a year but OnePlus release one or two device so OnePlus can provide updates faster than ASUS. ASUS has to work on multiple models so they are taking more time than OnePlus on releasing updates.

@asus however, you need to work on providing updates even faster than now.

View post
Wtf lmao
OnePlus doesn't have a large lineup ?
OP7/pro/T/pro/McLaren/5g (add OP 8 lite next year )
Meanwhile Asus in 2019 has Zenfone 6 and Rog 2
OnePlus was slower than Asus godammn for their
2018 models:
OP6/t android 10 was recalled three times lmao
Zenfone 5z got android 10 a while ago and it's stable
Rog 2 is a complex phone you gotta understand that it is branded "gaming" phone for a reason,there's too much inhouse stuff that can break hence they have to make sure everything works fine plus the accessories work as intended (heck beta program is ongoing rn)
Still it's a lot better than some of the other OEMs out there
(Sic realme X2pro,S9,heck even s10 got android 10 after Zenfone 5z(2018 model) )