This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fota update disabled the 3.5mm port

osx
Star I
After the update the 3.5mm has no audio out, i can see the headphone icon but no audio out, i changed another headphone still no audio, i had restart and reset the phone still the same, also after updaed to android 10 everything seen slower and lag, sometime with the google chrome the page can stall for 1 minute i need to quit the app and restart it
Please dont do forced update, not everyone need new features, i just need a phone that works, if i cant use 3.5mm earphone this phone is useless to me and force me to choose another brand, let user has the option to stop or update the system
5 REPLIES 5

_jis_
Zen Master III
What update are you talking about?
The latest version WW_17.1810.1911.110 has no problem with 3.5mm jack.
After the update the 3.5mm has no audio out, i can see the headphone icon but no audio out, i changed another headphone still no audio, i had restart and reset the phone still the same
This is not related to the update, it is just a coincidence that you registered it after the update. It will probably be a hardware problem in the connector.
i had restart and reset the phone still the same, also after updaed to android 10 everything seen slower and lag, sometime with the google chrome the page can stall for 1 minute i need to quit the app and restart it
If you still have these described problems after the 110 update, even after a factory reset, visit service.
Please dont do forced update, not everyone need new features, i just need a phone that works, if i cant use 3.5mm earphone this phone is useless to me and force me to choose another brand, let user has the option to stop or update the system
No one forces you to update, you can turn off automatic updates, or you can manually update. You can even return from 10 to 9, you can just choose, it's up to you.

osx
Star I
I am using 17.1810.1911.110 this has disabled my 3.5mm audio output
I already disabled the auto system update, but it will pop out from time to time and when it does pop out it has one button to update. i switched from samsung smartphone their disabled auto update screen never show up

mosimchah
Rising Star I
Could be an issue with the incremental updates as I manually installed the full update from the Asus website and I don't have that issue, I think Asus should add an option in the system updates app to download the full update package instead of incremental

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
osx

After the update the 3.5mm has no audio out, i can see the headphone icon but no audio out, i changed another headphone still no audio, i had restart and reset the phone still the same, also after updaed to android 10 everything seen slower and lag, sometime with the google chrome the page can stall for 1 minute i need to quit the app and restart it

Fota update disabled the 3.5mm port
It sounds like you jumped from Android 9 straight to 1911.110. I recommend backing up your data and performing a factory reset. Android 9 to Android 10 was a big software update, and you even skipped a few steps by updating to a later version of 10.
After the reset, your phone should be behaving normally again.