cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Issue

shiihong007
Star II
Hello,

I recently started using WhatsApp Fingerprint lock. the first few hours it was all fine. but suddenly even after confirming the fingerprint the icon stays active inside the WhatsApp and when i touch the icon it lights up and nothing happens. however when the next time i open whatsapp and the fingerprint icon appears it doesn't work and even after going back to home screen the icon stays present. i have to force stop the WhatsApp and try again to make it work. i hope this can be fixed. i want to confirm similar issue can be noticed in "Citibank App" as well.
8 REPLIES 8

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
shiihong007

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37470#Comment_37470

No. unlocking the phone is fine.. its only when locking the 3rd party apps with fingerprint is when this issue occurs.

View post
oh ok then I think it is not working so well with whats app...probably some compatibility issue there. We will have to wait for Asus to do some testing on their end and see what they can come up with.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
shiihong007

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37470#Comment_37470

No. unlocking the phone is fine.. its only when locking the 3rd party apps with fingerprint is when this issue occurs.

View post
Can you provide me with your firmware version? I'll pass this to the software team.

shiihong007
Star II
Hello,
The Build Number:
QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0210.1912.22

also the fingerprint causes issue in outdoors even phone unlock with the fingerprint doesn't work in outdoor sunny day and the sun is not reflected towards the screen and yet this is an issue. the sensor doesn't work when the hands a bit dirty like not like lot just a little like when you had a snack and you are trying to unlock that doesn't work either. i have tried other devices like OnePlus and OPPO with similar fingerprint sensor and they work well. i believe this needs to be optimized

Swaraj
Rising Star II
shiihong007

Hello,

The Build Number:

QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0210.1912.22

also the fingerprint causes issue in outdoors even phone unlock with the fingerprint doesn't work in outdoor sunny day and the sun is not reflected towards the screen and yet this is an issue. the sensor doesn't work when the hands a bit dirty like not like lot just a little like when you had a snack and you are trying to unlock that doesn't work either. i have tried other devices like OnePlus and OPPO with similar fingerprint sensor and they work well. i believe this needs to be optimized

View post
yeah i already told about that to @Anders_ASUS and he said it would be fixed in next fota
we already received the fota yet there was nothing mentioned about fingerprint fix