This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
chcksndrs420

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37479#Comment_37479

I actually got it flashed and the original firmware is on it now, seems to be working fine.

Even when I use applock the notifications still comes in

View post
great now before you decide to do anything again..do read up some more before you make your attempt. I would say getting this device isn't all too bad because you gain some knowledge from it.

chcksndrs420
Star II
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37481#Comment_37481

great now before you decide to do anything again..do read up some more before you make your attempt. I would say getting this device isn't all too bad because you gain some knowledge from it.

View post
I might just return it because I almost cried when i thought I bricked it because that would be a lot of money wasted for me and get something simpler and save thousands of dollars

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Buy them at your own risk!

Tibbsy
Star I
Hi I live in the UK I bought my phone on ebay new sealed up in box with the ww rom. If there is no updates on the phone what's gonna stop people hacking it. This is my second asus phone. I can't shoot any video on the camera. I do feel I have a asus rog phone 2 tencent version but this is still down to Asus to update us and look after us. I don't understand if I was in China my phone would not receive updates. I love this phone I pay my xbox games directly on the phone it will be such a shame if Asus loses all us guys who have gone with the rog phone because I never payed them for the phone. Asus made and sold this phone to whoever I brought it off. Everything works perfect apart from the camera and updates. Your argument about Google is not available in China is a joke because when you switch phone on it says powered by android. are the Chinese Asus rog phones not running on android??? Please help us people out and sort the software out for your many customers who have spent over £500 pounds on the phone.
I would just like to say I did try to buy the rog phone in the UK on line from Asus but it had not been released in the UK. Yet there was 300 videos on utube with guys testing and using rog phone 2. I liked the look of the phone and I brought one. What do we do now my vendor will not give me a refund because he has done nothing wrong and phone is not broken