This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely black out for my rog2. Cant turn on nor charge

Dht
Star II
A sudden death happened to my rog phone2.
Now the phone is completely down, cant even turn on. I tried to press the power plus volume button. But no response.
No logo or indication when plugged in charger. Tried on both charging ports.
The batt was about 50% before this happened Seem like the phone is completely dead. Anyone facing the same issue before?
36 REPLIES 36

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Dht

Guys latest update.

My phone is back while i was trying to charge this morning. Was about to send it to service center and just thinking to have a last try(charging) . Once i plugged in the cable, the red led start to blink and charging logo popped out after few seconds. It charged from zero percent.

The phone restricted me to power up by showing low battery and only managed to turned on after 3% charged. After this, everything works normally

I have no idea what has happened to my phone before this.

Btw, below are the timeline for this case

Day1 the phone dead (no screen, led or vibration) by itself with battery still remained 50+%. Tried every measured including double button restart.

Day2 still trying the same measures but no chance. The phone remained blanked with /without cable plugged.

Day3 as described above. I yet to know the root cause. Maybe the system somehow reset itself with the absense of batt power. The batt seems like fully drained as it started charging from 0% this morning. But how come the batt drained this fast as it was 50% before this and the phone was completely off (dead) for just 2 days?

View post
Yea just like what kchinnavigneshraja said, you might want to let the technical staff have a look at it. Just monitor your device for a few more days before you bring it in. Screen going black without a low battery warning is weird..plus you did not get any indication of charge when you plugged in the cable the first time.

Dht
Star II
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36849#Comment_36849

Good it got back. But still I suggest you to visit service center and explain them the whole thing. I feel what happened is unusual. Usually phones randomly shutdown and turn on when force turned on. But you had nothing worked. So better get it checked.

View post
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36849#Comment_36849

Yea just like what kchinnavigneshraja said, you might want to let the technical staff have a look at it. Just monitor your device for a few more days before you bring it in. Screen going black without a low battery warning is weird..plus you did not get any indication of charge when you plugged in the cable the first time.

View post
Yup thanks for the suggestion.
I'll do so when I m free.
Btw, up to now, the battery and phone performance are working fine as before. Hope this problem wont show up again and ll keep my device backed up.

siva091092
Star I
Hi,
I'm facing the same exact issue as you mentioned. How did you get it resolved? Did you take your device to the service center?
P.S. As you mentioned in your update, I'm able to switch it on now and everything works fine. What should I do?

Bubun
Star I

My phone won't charge unless I restart it and if I take the cable of the phone and plug it back in, it won't charge again, so i need to restart it again.. Can anyone please help me how to fi fix this

WaitingKy
Rising Star I
i've faced the same issue after a few days i bought this phone. it happened when i was connecting the kunai gamepad via the bumper, the phone went off completely. i tried to turn it on by holding power button didn't work, tried to hard reset by holding power+volume up/down but still the same, connect charging cable but no use. i was thinking of go to the service center but after 10 minutes, my phone was back and worked fine