This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update (HELP)

chcksndrs420
Star II
Checking my phone it says my Software is at 1908 but checking the Asus website shows there's one for 1910
but whenever I check for updates it says "My Phone is Uptodate"
So I download the file off the website and place in, internal storage section and restarted the phone but it still hasn't popped up saying there's an Update after restart and I don't see any other way of Manually updating it.
Can I receive some help or advice ?
15 REPLIES 15

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Is your phone a Tencent version? If so, ASUS does not support WW firmware update for Tencent phones. If you still want to update the firmware manually, you can visit the XDA forum or contact the person who sold this phone to you.
If your phone is not the Tencent version, put the firmware downloaded from the website in the root directory and restart it. The phone will automatically detect the updated firmware.

chcksndrs420
Star II
kikoly

Is your phone a Tencent version? If so, ASUS does not support WW firmware update for Tencent phones. If you still want to update the firmware manually, you can visit the XDA forum or contact the person who sold this phone to you.

If your phone is not the Tencent version, put the firmware downloaded from the website in the root directory and restart it. The phone will automatically detect the updated firmware.

View post
So you're saying Tencent Version would never be supported by ASUS and would never receive updates ?
So why the hell did I buy this damn phone if it'll be stuck on one software with no updates.

I got it off of Amazon, stewps dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life, I paid a lot of money for this thing and now you're saying I can't even get update.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
chcksndrs420

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37023#Comment_37023

So you're saying Tencent Version would never be supported by ASUS and would never receive updates ?

So why the hell did I buy this damn phone if it'll be stuck on one software with no updates.

I got it off of Amazon, stewps dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life, I paid a lot of money for this thing and now you're saying I can't even get update.

View post
It is not completely impossible to update it yourself. The XDA Forum has a method to update the firmware, but you must unlock the bootloader. However, the Tencent version cannot get FOTA updates, you must download the firmware to update manually.
CH_ASUS

Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

In addition to the XDA forum, if you understand Chinese, you can also check the update method at the link below.
[1204更新][技術探討]ROG PHONE II 陸版刷國際版 GCam ROOT 解鎖上鎖 4CA - Mobile01

chcksndrs420
Star II
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YBVZ2PW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link I bought the phone, saw in the post you said somebody did a safety net check so I did mines and it failed in CTS Profile Match but success in the other, I'm not really a phone tech guy, so basically I would need help to figure out how to do that update on my own.