This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Slow Motion Videos Choppy Playback

Jeb
Rising Star II
Slow motion videos shot on my Zenfone 6 at FHD 480FPS are extremely choppy by the time I go to play them back in the standard Gallery app.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
6 REPLIES 6

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
"Extremely choppy" you mentioned, can you provide screen recording? Or slow motion video that you think is extremely choppy.

Rustylord
Rising Star II
Jeb

Slow motion videos shot on my Zenfone 6 at FHD 480FPS are extremely choppy by the time I go to play them back in the standard Gallery app.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Problem: Slow Motion Videos Choppy Playback
When you set the file directory to your sd card it happens, but most probably it never happens when the file directory is set to internal storage.
I have noticed it when I set my file directory to SD card.

MrHornet
Rising Star I
It actually saves 480 x number of seconds into storage. Loading that many files from SD while editing will be very slow.
I load the file for trim and adjust the SloMo duration and save it. It creates different file. Also, you should cleanup the SloMo original files, they are insanely big storage eaters.
BTW, it is typo FHD 480FPS? Because I can only see HD 480FPS

Jeb
Rising Star II
nishaanth5000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14616/problem-slow-motion-videos-choppy-playback

When you set the file directory to your sd card it happens, but most probably it never happens when the file directory is set to internal storage.

I have noticed it when I set my file directory to SD card.

View post
My photos are saved directly to the internal storage.
Regardless though, there should be a safeguard feature in place to prevent users using too slow of an SD card to save their slow motion videos to there.