This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone Audio Static?

tepwu
Star II
Hi, I have owned the 128 GB version of the Zenfone 6 for about 3 months now and recently I have noticed that there is a pretty annoying static/hissing sound whenever I am playing audio through the headphone jack. I have used multiple headphones (Bose QC 25, VE Monk Plus, Asus included headphones) and the same noise occurs. As one user has put it: " After music is paused or turned off, the sound persists for a few seconds then disappears completely". I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether it's a hardware of software issue. I would also like to know some next steps I can take to fix this issue. I am on the latest update (QP1A.190711.005.WW_Phone17.1810.1910.73)
Here are some examples of other users who are experiencing the same thing:
r/zenfone6 - Headphone jack output hissingr/zenfone6 - Hissing sound through headphone jack with active noise cancellingHeadphone jack output hissingIf any ASUS employee could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
We should probably log your phone for this one. If you can recreate the issue every time you listen to music, this should be straightforward to get an answer on with a log. Respond to this message if you're OK with that, and I'll send you a PM with instructions.

gabvigno
Star I
Hi, the same is also happening to mine (128 GB version). It is very annoying. Phone is on the latest update WW-17.1810.1911.110.

surajprasad87
Star III
same here headphone , loudspeaker and normally also

gabvigno
Star I
Any news regarding this issue?