cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC option missing

ZT-9517e718
Star I
Hi,
I am on stock andorid 10 on my brand new Zenfone 6 and I am starting to get mad with it. My NFC doesn't work. There is even no NFC option in "Connnected device" setting. WTF is going on with it ? Zenfone 6 is called Premium Phone and it's bugged like that ? I cant believe this. NFC is an essential feature for me, I cant imagine live without phone payments. 
I noticed that sometimes, after several phone restarts, NFC option appears. But I guess it shouldn't be the way it means to work.
It will be very short adventeue for me with this phone I think.
VTVUTVTB3PAY.jpg
OID2MI4Z7AG3.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

_jis_
Zen Master III
Kolorowezworki

Looks like hardware issue. NFC can be disconnected or connection is loose. The best you can do is return your phone to service center.

View post
I agree with this recommendation. NFC cable is loose. They could have carelessly assembled it in the factory or the phone suffered some impact and the NFC connector popped up, but not quite, so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

ZT-9517e718
Star I
But if cable is loose, shouldn't it sometimes work and sometimes not independently of system restarts ? I think it more looks like system issue.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I think it more looks like system issue.
All right, if you think. Have you tried a factory reset?