This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely black out for my rog2. Cant turn on nor charge

Dht
Star II
A sudden death happened to my rog phone2.
Now the phone is completely down, cant even turn on. I tried to press the power plus volume button. But no response.
No logo or indication when plugged in charger. Tried on both charging ports.
The batt was about 50% before this happened Seem like the phone is completely dead. Anyone facing the same issue before?
36 REPLIES 36

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm sorry to hear that. As a last resort, you can try another cable to see if it might be a cable failure.
But most likely, this is some kind of hardware failure and you will need to contact an ASUS service center for a warranty repair.

el_pedro7
Star II
Did you hold the power and volume down button in for a good 5-10 seconds? I have also experienced what seems to be the same thing. The phone's display at certain times stops working, and will not turn on but I know that the phone itself still operates as I can feel haptic feedback on the display even though I can't see anything. A soft reset using the two buttons always restarts the phone and then it's fine until the next time. Wonder if you have the same issue?

Dht
Star II
el.pedro7

Did you hold the power and volume down button in for a good 5-10 seconds? I have also experienced what seems to be the same thing. The phone's display at certain times stops working, and will not turn on but I know that the phone itself still operates as I can feel haptic feedback on the display even though I can't see anything. A soft reset using the two buttons always restarts the phone and then it's fine until the next time. Wonder if you have the same issue?

View post
I have tried to restart in that way. But no chance, no screen nor vibration

Dht
Star II
LP_ASUS

I'm sorry to hear that. As a last resort, you can try another cable to see if it might be a cable failure.

But most likely, this is some kind of hardware failure and you will need to contact an ASUS service center for a warranty repair.

View post
Yup seem like no choice but to send it to the service center.