This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play services battery drain issue

klynkrishnaa
Star II
I feel many of proud ROG 2 Users are struggling with the same issue as mine. Play services is consuming a humongous amount of battery. Don't even know which of the apps internally is using the data from play services. I have turned off Auto sync, Turned off Location sharing, turned off Google Fit, Turned off Ads personalisation and opted out of IBA. Yet battery is drained the most by Play services. There is no option to optimise the battery usage by Play Services.

@Asus Team.. Need an immediate update for this. Doesn't feel like a 6000mah phone. ??
Attached are my battery stats
VD5Y4JJDHGQG.jpg

43 REPLIES 43

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Well, 3 minutes of Google Play Services consumed more battery than 43 minutes of gaming on the phone (Archero). The issue is there and it's really serious.
3YKD9KBDV7IM.jpg

For anyone who's having a battery drain problem by google play services.. I got rid of mine on my asus rog phone 2 by simple steps:
Note: i did a lot more setups that was mentioned on different sites and none of them helped.
So im sharing this now for everyone who needs help like me.(this worked for me atleast)
1. Got rid of chrome browser (default browser) and switched to firefox instead.
2. Got rid of youtube, instead i used a modded Youtube app called OGyoutube.
3. I got rid of Facebook app, instead used the facebook lite.
4. Got the beta version for google play services. (did this first.. Didnt helped but didnt remove.)

So basically i got rid of google and facebook apps and used alternatives because i noticed that these apps uses location services in the background even if you disabled them and removed their permission. Google play services still runs on the background.. So got rid of them. I didn't uninstall.. Only used alternatives instead. I'm still not sure if its a bug but i hate them for now. I'll wait for the next update then check back again
I hope this helps people. Have a nice day!
-ASE

OPC
Zen Master II
alfredo.hhicphil

For anyone who's having a battery drain problem by google play services.. I got rid of mine on my asus rog phone 2 by simple steps:

Note: i did a lot more setups that was mentioned on different sites and none of them helped.

So im sharing this now for everyone who needs help like me.(this worked for me atleast)

1. Got rid of chrome browser (default browser) and switched to firefox instead.

2. Got rid of youtube, instead i used a modded Youtube app called OGyoutube.

3. I got rid of Facebook app, instead used the facebook lite.

4. Got the beta version for google play services. (did this first.. Didnt helped but didnt remove.)

So basically i got rid of google and facebook apps and used alternatives because i noticed that these apps uses location services in the background even if you disabled them and removed their permission. Google play services still runs on the background.. So got rid of them. I didn't uninstall.. Only used alternatives instead. I'm still not sure if its a bug but i hate them for now. I'll wait for the next update then check back again

I hope this helps people. Have a nice day!

-ASE

View post
Thanks for sharing!

cowie71
Star I
You guys are getting some pretty good battery life compared to what I'm getting. Google is raping my battery and I can't get rid of it, this is basically my every day.
KGNLRDWD5NJD.jpg