cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh rate option is greyed out

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Team,
Sometimes Refresh rate option is getting greyout and system set back to 60Hz. Unable to change it. This is happening after recent update.
Every time I have to reboot the device to fix this. Could you help me on this.
Q2Y9QAOP6SA4.jpg

Regards
45 REPLIES 45

Marthad
Star I
sathishinsat2

This issue has been resolved now after the recent FOTA. Refresh rate is automatically changing back to 120hz after the recordings. Quick setting Toggle is also accessible after the recording and not getting greyed out.

The FOTA update log doesn't show this fix. However, I appreciate your efforts. Thanks

View post
Ya its works.. But why it reduce the rate from 120 to 90 from the beginning? That will affect the refresh rate while playing!

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Marthad

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35466#Comment_35466

Ya its works.. But why it reduce the rate from 120 to 90 from the beginning? That will affect the refresh rate while playing!

View post
I agree. @asus @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS can help you.

leafy
Star III
Still greyed out during december .64 december update.

Cleared armory crate and screen recorder storage and cache.

But any armory games do not allow fps changes while playing (grey button), even if you have no profile for that game or fps was set at "as system".
I suspect something about default profiles changed, perhaps they all have a locked profile now?. Given my issue is slightly different from everyone else's, perhaps you broke it this way by trying to fix the longplay bug? I haven't experienced that longplay bug.
Fps change works if in armory.
Or if you removed a game from armory, game then lets u change fps from quickbar.
This bug wasnt in the august 12 patch you could freely change fps on quickbar during armory games.

hi_akash3
Star I
screenshot-20200913-130536060.jpg
screenshot-20200913-130454410.jpg
"Republicans" nd Dev's
I purchased ROG 3 12GB 256GB variant last week from flip kart
i am not a gamer and not installed any gaming apps or any software or any update.
I am also facing greying locked out @ 120Hz and only after restarting the device the issue clears off...
Few more issues
*** Type C headset Adapter not working while calls and getting disconnected in between calls, i thought it was due to loose connection but it occurs only during calls and not during multimedia usage this too is a software issue
*** My devices heats Up even at 60 Hz without any usage or while watching a video, i normaly keep mobile data Switched on, on Airtel 4G and while on standby and it heats up.
*** Phone Charges in Hyper Charge Mode when charged in switched off mode even if i set slow charging at 10 watt in battery settings.
*** Battery Backup is not upto mark I don't even play games and i get battery backup from morning 06 am till 11 pm @ night with very light to moderate usage. After charging the power master shows 7hrs of backup at 100% Charge.
*** The Fingerprint scanner is pathetic it does not recognize my fingers often I have tried adding my fingers and it loses out 5 times and on 6th try it unlocks. This happens very often even with clean and dry fingers and screen

ronald1985
Community Legend I
hi.akash3

screenshot-20200913-130536060.jpg

screenshot-20200913-130454410.jpg

"Republicans" nd Dev's

I purchased ROG 3 12GB 256GB variant last week from flip kart

i am not a gamer and not installed any gaming apps or any software or any update.

I am also facing greying locked out @ 120Hz and only after restarting the device the issue clears off...

Few more issues

*** Type C headset Adapter not working while calls and getting disconnected in between calls, i thought it was due to loose connection but it occurs only during calls and not during multimedia usage this too is a software issue

*** My devices heats Up even at 60 Hz without any usage or while watching a video, i normaly keep mobile data Switched on, on Airtel 4G and while on standby and it heats up.

*** Phone Charges in Hyper Charge Mode when charged in switched off mode even if i set slow charging at 10 watt in battery settings.

*** Battery Backup is not upto mark I don't even play games and i get battery backup from morning 06 am till 11 pm @ night with very light to moderate usage. After charging the power master shows 7hrs of backup at 100% Charge.

*** The Fingerprint scanner is pathetic it does not recognize my fingers often I have tried adding my fingers and it loses out 5 times and on 6th try it unlocks. This happens very often even with clean and dry fingers and screen

View post
This is a ROG 2 forum, please post in the ROG 3 forum your issue as you have ROG 3.
ROG Phone 3