This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery charge LED doesn't stay on

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Doesn't affect functioning but since the December OTA my charge light stays on for about 10 seconds then turns off. Charging continues normally.
19 REPLIES 19

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

Huh. Please next time post these important details in OP. So you don't use original charger and cable, right?

View post
Using same chargers I was using on pie. I have chargers in 2 vehicles, at work, in the kitchen, basement, living room, bedroom so no I don't use the factory charger everywhere. And as I mentioned I try to avoid fast charging. Don't you think if I had known this fact before making the OP I would have posted it? All those chargers worked before and should work now lol (and do work other than the led not staying on).

_jis_
Zen Master III
All those chargers worked before and should work now lol
I agree, I also use many different chargers, the original Asus I use at home, I use another non-original QC3 at work, I also charge from different laptops I have at home and at work. However, nowhere do I have your problem, the charging LED shines as it should for the entire charging period (unless the Battery Care is On, charging takes place within the set time period in Battery Care options and battery capacity reached 80 ~ 81%). So it is not an issue that affects everyone.
Unfortunately, it is normal here that an error is often reported in one sentence, but the conditions under which the error occurs are'nt specified. This is always very important, such as system version, use of original components or others, use of cover / case / screen protector, unlocked bootloader, root, changes in Developer options, nonstandard Launcher, Dialer, ...
I don't want to criticize you, because it will happen to me sometimes. I myself forgot to mention in another thread that I use Google Phone - Google Dialer when someone complained about the default Asus Calling screen and I argued that it works fine for me.
When something is not working for someone and it works for another user it is always very laborious to find out why this is so, why the experience is so different. Because of those possible differences between configurations, there are so many.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

All those chargers worked before and should work now lol

I agree, I also use many different chargers, the original Asus I use at home, I use another non-original QC3 at work, I also charge from different laptops I have at home and at work. However, nowhere do I have your problem, the charging LED shines as it should for the entire charging period (unless the Battery Care is On, charging takes place within the set time period in Battery Care options and battery capacity reached 80 ~ 81%). So it is not an issue that affects everyone.

Unfortunately, it is normal here that an error is often reported in one sentence, but the conditions under which the error occurs are'nt specified. This is always very important, such as system version, use of original components or others, use of cover / case / screen protector, unlocked bootloader, root, changes in Developer options, nonstandard Launcher, Dialer, ...

I don't want to criticize you, because it will happen to me sometimes. I myself forgot to mention in another thread that I use Google Phone - Google Dialer when someone complained about the default Asus Calling screen and I argued that it works fine for me.

When something is not working for someone and it works for another user it is always very laborious to find out why this is so, why the experience is so different. Because of those possible differences between configurations, there are so many.

View post
Understood lol. I didn't think to mention it likely for the same reason nobody else that tried to help asked for that detail. Merry Christmas.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
When the charging symbol shows a "+", the problem that the LED light is off (only the indicator light is off and does not affect charging) will be improved in future updates.

Refer to the moderator response linked below:
chen.saosao

1. 如題, 剛插進去是會亮, 大概十幾秒後就會熄滅

2. 燈不亮, 但是充電正常

3. 訊息來, 燈是正常會亮, 只有充電不亮

4. 更新完系統就發生這個問題

充電時手機led指示器不會亮

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I've only tested it with one charger so far but it seems to work since the update to 119.