This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 5z Android 10 update bugs

kushalmhatre140
Star II
After updating asus 5z , background apps are getting closed automatically after receiving call or msg. Also UI has changed with stock Android
110 REPLIES 110

beergqvist
Star I
Pretty good battery on A10
0S7LI2UEJI86.jpg
Over 4 hours sot

aamod_v8
Zen Master I

lckychdhr.17

Hey aamod.v8 i recently purchased zenfone 5z and it came with oreo and then I start updating through FOTA and after 7 updating 7 times i got Android 10. It's smooth , almost stock.

But the problem is that when i play pubg the device gets heat up . I thought it's normal but then display also started to heat up a lot and also while playing pubg phone shows charging but doesn't charge stays at same percentage.

Else everything is working great!

Previously I was using Oneplus 6 and i didn't face these issues.

Can u help here?

View post
Not much of a gamer myself but i see fellow users have provided you apt solutions. Enjoy the excellent user experience with 5Z bro. 🙂

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
rajagiridinesh

After updating my Asus 5Z to Android 10 my phone has become dead slow and buggy.

It takes at least 3 seconds to unlock when used fingerprint. Some of the apps are totally dysfunctional like Camera, which doesn't open at all. Receiving calls has been a nightmare because it wouldn't respond and by the time lift the call, it gets disconnected.

The battery has went kaput! Earlier I used to charge my phone once in two days, now I have to charge TWICE A DAY.

I've been in the Asus family since Asus Zenfone 5 days and this is the first time I'm feeling frustrated with the OEM.

Before many start hating you, fix the bugs ASAP!

View post
Camera is working flawless, Fingerprint is tad bit slow may be fixed in next update and battery drain in Google problem with all phones running A10. Asus cannot doi much till Google fixes it. Also i didnt face any delay in receiving the calls. Try clearing cache and if that doesnt help perform factory reset which is must after every major Android update.

aamod_v8
Zen Master I

lckychdhr.17

Hey aamod.v8 i recently purchased zenfone 5z and it came with oreo and then I start updating through FOTA and after 7 updating 7 times i got Android 10. It's smooth , almost stock.

But the problem is that when i play pubg the device gets heat up . I thought it's normal but then display also started to heat up a lot and also while playing pubg phone shows charging but doesn't charge stays at same percentage.

Else everything is working great!

Previously I was using Oneplus 6 and i didn't face these issues.

Can u help here?

View post
Heat dissipation is handled very differently by one plus and Asus. for 5z to avoid throttling of CPU they have made certain arrangements so you may feel its being overheated. But i would recommend dont use phone for extensive tasks while plugged for charging.

vrcitizen
Star I
Post updates have following issues noted,rest all working good.
1)finger sensor is unlocking slow compared ultra fast android 9 prior version
2) orientation although enabled you tube and gallery app doesn't auto orient
3)mobile data usage app doesn't allow to track daily usage asus versiin was better
4) auto brightness selected but screen brightness not adjusting based on ambient light resulting faster battery burn
5)screen saturation colors adjustments all are now disabled
6)screen features and double tap to wake up and sleep not working even if it's enabled
Asus please fix these issues via fix update.