cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen lightens up everytime I use the fingerprint scanner

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi!
I think this is a common issue to everyone, but everytime I use the fingerprint scanner (to unlock the phone or in some apps that support it) the screen brightens up for no reason (in some cases like in WhatsApp it's really annoying). Is this fixeable?
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
gonzaaa.92

Hi!

I think this is a common issue to everyone, but everytime I use the fingerprint scanner (to unlock the phone or in some apps that support it) the screen brightens up for no reason (in some cases like in WhatsApp it's really annoying). Is this fixeable?

Thanks!

Thats not an issue. That is the nature of optical fingerprint sensors. Display lights up to highest possible brightness to read your thumb impression. This happens for a split second. .

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14542/screen-lightens-up-everytime-i-use-the-fingerprint-scan...

Thats not an issue. That is the nature of optical fingerprint sensors. Display lights up to highest possible brightness to read your thumb impression. This happens for a split second. .

View post
Are you sure? I'm asking because a friend of mine owns a OnePlus 7 Pro and the screen doesn't lighten up when unlocking it using the finger print sensor.

Master
Star III
OP7 might have a different way to scan your finger. On ROG phone, there's a little flashlight under the screen, which whenever you use it, your screen will be brighter.

Noir
Rising Star I
gonzaaa.92

Hi!

Thanks!

Same thing bothers me, screen becomes grainy when the screen flashes