This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery charge LED doesn't stay on

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Doesn't affect functioning but since the December OTA my charge light stays on for about 10 seconds then turns off. Charging continues normally.
19 REPLIES 19

_jis_
Zen Master III
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35928#Comment_35928

No

View post
Okay, so try this, suppose it's 8:00 AM, Set Battery Care On from 7:00 AM to 10 PM and charge up to 80% when charging automatically stops, check the LED's behavior and report here, then disconnect the phone. Turn the Battery Care Off, discharge below 80%, then try charging it normally and rechecking how the LED will behave and report here if problem persist.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35978#Comment_35978

Okay, so try this, suppose it's 8:00 AM, Set Battery Care On from 7:00 AM to 10 PM and charge up to 80% when charging automatically stops, check the LED's behavior and report here, then disconnect the phone. Turn the Battery Care Off, discharge below 80%, then try charging it normally and rechecking how the LED will behave and report here if problem persist.

View post
Tried that but no different.
Battery was in 50s. Turned on battery care and plugged in. Light turned off after 10 to 20 seconds. Charged till 81% (the battery care thing doesn't stop the charging, though I've never went past 82%). Let phone go down to 78%. Plugged in and light stayed on for about 15 seconds.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Too bad it didn't help but at least we tried.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Hmmm I'll have to test it but I'm currently plugged into a fast charge charger and the light is staying on.
Edit - using the same cord attached to 2.4 amp charging port (same charger) the light turns off. I usually avoid fast charging because I don't need it and to keep the temp lower. Maybe it is a current or voltage thing?
@LP_ASUS

_jis_
Zen Master III
Huh. Please next time post these important details in OP. So you don't use original charger and cable, right?