This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

gannu_akhil
Star II
Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.
Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,
1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.
2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.
3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.
I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.
107 REPLIES 107

prashanth
Rising Star II
I received android 10 in oct end there were severe lags so i did a factory reset as @_jis_ pointed out that android upgrades need a reset if everything doesnt work well and i agree with him. It was fine till 5 days ago but the lags and stutters,frame drops in game started again
I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the updates or else i wouldn't be posting this msg
I replied to many people that factory reset solved the issue but here i am facing the problem again
This time mods need to address the issue cause they can't say to reset again ......so i need an answer please @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS

_jis_
Zen Master III
@prashanth
It was fine till 5 days ago but the lags and stutters,frame drops in game started again
But five days ago there was no update that would directly cause it. This means that it was not caused by the update but by the normal operation of the phone. Do I understand you correctly?

prashanth
Rising Star II
_jis_

@prashanth

It was fine till 5 days ago but the lags and stutters,frame drops in game started again

But five days ago there was no update that would directly cause it. This means that it was not caused by the update but by the normal operation of the phone. Do I understand you correctly?

View post
No there wasn't any update nor did i install any app so this shouldn't happen .The fact that it wasn't found for 2 months is because I've been restarting the phone because of "long press" issue which you know of
And the regular restarts kept the phone without any issues
Because i had to send some logs to mods i didn't restart the phone and here i am . I think the factory reset didn't solve the root cause of the problem and it's still there and the regular restarts prevented me from noticing it

_jis_
Zen Master III
@prashanth Could you post a screenshot of Running services from Developer options?

prashanth
Rising Star II
_jis_

@prashanth Could you post a screenshot of Running services from Developer options?

View post
I just got the fota so restarted?? I'll post the sc as soon as phone becomes slow again