This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

【ROG Phone 2 BETA Tester】Join to experience Android 10!

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
LTXD1G2Z6TLO.jpg
[Recruitment Period]
November 8, 2019 - till the application form is closed

[Beta Testing Period]
Will notify by email

[Which model are we looking for ?]
ROG Phone 2(ZS660KL)

[What are required to be a Beta Tester?]  
Own a ROG Phone 2(ZS660KL)
Be a member of ZenTalk and actively participate in the discussion of ZenFone on ZenTalk.
Be willing to provide detailed information including IMEI, Serial Number(SN), Current Firmware for the beta test setting 
Be able to read and provide feedback in English
Be familiar with Android operating system

[What will Beta Testers have?]
Get the latest firmware (Beta Version) by FOTA and experience the latest Zen UI features
Authorized to access the restricted board [Beta Testing]

[What are the responsibilities of a Beta Tester?]
Participate in every Beta version release and test on a daily basis
Report valid bugs with the correct format
Maintain confidentiality of the Beta Testing program
Be sure to post all beta-testing related issues in beta restricted board 

[How to Sign-up?]
Click the URL below and fill out the sign-up form. (If you are using a mobile device, please paste the URL to your browser to open the form)

721 REPLIES 721

SHEIKH_AZHARUDD
Rising Star II
Atleast they should specify the timelines like other cheap competitors realme X2 wherein they mentioned complete timeline...here too it will be the same ....it is just that they have started a thread 6 months before! With regards to OnePlus nothing can beat them in terms of software update..their beta is also very much stable with close to zero bugs..here if one update is released to fix a bug another bug pops up.

deeplyyoung
Rising Star I
salman_vila

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35136#Comment_35136

And they named it as a flagship device, i agree everything is good in terms of hardware, fancy stuffs, lightings blah blah but is it a real flagship?? The older phones than this of Asus got the A10 and this so called flagship is still fixing issues of android 9 pie like really, i wasn't expecting this when purchased this Rog Phone Over One plus 7. I regret the decision i made cause no matter how good hardware you use it has to be supported by good software too and this lacks there to get updates on time. My First and last asus device tbh.

View post
Agree that a good hardware need a proper software support as well and Asus is kinda slow in that part BUT still I don't regret to have ROG 2 even after using a hell lot of other flagship devices and have jumped to Android from iPhone XS MAX with ROG 2 which is a very good decision for me... I got almost everything what i was looking in a device for me. Only thing matters is software part and Asus has to be very keen and sharp to be in market with other competitors like OP...
maybe you not got what you were looking in your device with ROG 2, as every person jas its own taste and choices. OP is not like flagship killer anymore, they increasing price drastically equally to other FS devices and my last OP device was OnePlus 6T, which hopefully remain last forever. Cuz ROG 2 fulfilled my most requirements.

anthonws
Star II
Let's stop complaining about things that are clearly outside of ones knowledge.
Android updates since 8.0 are way simpler for OEMs/vendors. Project Treble made sure to create the HAL abstraction, so that the Android framework could proceed with limited to no impact.
Android Architecture  |  Android Open Source ProjectSo, let's quit complaining about the amount of accessories, shall we? Or does one think Samsung has less accessories to test than Asus?
Betas or no betas, software updates are expected as a service.
Android 10 was officially released on September 2019, while the first beta was officially made available on March 2019. Plus, OEM's/Vendors have special channels with Google, where they have earlier access to builds, before the general public.
Rog Phone II was launched on September 2019. Granted that Asus didn't have a final release (there's not such thing as stables nowadays in Agile development) before launching the phone, but the work that these OEMs have to do to certify their devices (at multiple levels) has to start quite early. Ideally even before the first beta is released to the public. Which doesn't look like the case here.
Anyways... I couldn't care less since my phone does 99% of what I want with Android 9. Probably the major improvements, part of Android 10, that I would welcome in Rog Phone II would be:
Project Mainline (done exactly to bypass OEMs like Asus that take months to release security patches...)
Camera2 lib improvements (especially for GCam)
Privacy changes for Apps
Additionally, Asus has much to learn with other OEMs like OnePlus, Samsung, etc. where their beta programs are open to the entire community, and not just a handful of selected (in a unclear way) forum members. I guess that a bit of more focus on Customer Engagement wouldn't hurt. Believe me, it goes really far if one takes care of the community (look at NVIDIA with the Shield TV as an example).
My 2 cents,
anthonws.

SHEIKH_AZHARUDD
Rising Star II
After airtel now jio launched vowifi service in 3 circles and still our phone does not support it...forget about vowifi native video call is not supported...have to install jio4gjoin app for video call...big let down by asus?
Flagship phone but still basic telephony services not supported ??

bdzekashu
Star III
I still don't get it. All the bashing and trash talking at the phone doesn't help get your message across. If you're unhappy with a device you made a decision and used your own money to buy, you can make that same decision to switch to another device. But if you so much love the device and will love to see some upgrades or features, then get at it the right way. Talk to one of the mods, voice your idea in a respectful manner and I so guarantee you, you will be heard. No need voicing your discontent with a device merely in it second model. There are many upgrades on the ROG phone 2 when compared to the first model but still it's a device in development and there is more to come. So please, if you're unhappy with your device and not ready to help it's development, then you can go ahead and make the switch to a device that offers all you seek for.
PS: I can guarantee there is no device out there that will give us all the features we seek.