This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gamepad - Key Mapping Analog stick issues

Volodesi
Rising Star II
It's very stuttery looking when moving in games. It also commits to a full slide if you press the stick quickly and let go. Making you move more than it should in games like shoot'em ups.

It pretty much makes it unusable for me in a game like Azur Lane. I just ended up mapping the D-Pad instead. Which isn't as great for moving diagonal though.

I uploaded a video to show it off. You can see that when I move the thumb-stick in a smooth circle it stutters in game and if I flick the stick in a direction and let go instantly. It keeps moving. It's like the input does not stop until it's fully reached the outer edge. It is also treating a very slight tilt as a full input. So fine movement is out of the question too.

9 REPLIES 9

Volodesi
Rising Star II
One of the games I play on the dock I use the mouse strictly for clicking things. So it's quiet noticeable. It feels like 100-200 ms lag. It causes me to over-shoot icons and things in-game all the time because of the delay.

I use a dedicated 1440p 144Hz 1ms G-Sync Dell monitor just for consoles/ROG Dock. It's connected via HDMI to my capture card, which I use the pass-through to directly the Dell monitor. I tried bypassing the capture card as well. But that doesn't help at all.

I've tried three different mice. One Bluetooth Microsoft one, Wired Logitech G502, Wireless Logitech G602. All three have the same sluggish movement. The BT Microsoft one is even worse, since it is BT.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Volodesi

One of the games I play on the dock I use the mouse strictly for clicking things. So it's quiet noticeable. It feels like 100-200 ms lag. It causes me to over-shoot icons and things in-game all the time because of the delay.

I use a dedicated 1440p 144Hz 1ms G-Sync Dell monitor just for consoles/ROG Dock. It's connected via HDMI to my capture card, which I use the pass-through to directly the Dell monitor. I tried bypassing the capture card as well. But that doesn't help at all.

I've tried three different mice. One Bluetooth Microsoft one, Wired Logitech G502, Wireless Logitech G602. All three have the same sluggish movement. The BT Microsoft one is even worse, since it is BT.

View post
What if you only have the dock, the phone and the mouse and you're not playing any game. Still lag?

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Yes. It's still sluggish. Even without any game running.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've been told that this will be fixed/improved with GamePad FW v1.3.9

zeims86
Star I
Rubberband movement with sticks still existing and when I use onscreen keymapping I get alot of freezez and movement stick should be analogic... Even small push activates full tilt forward and automatic sprinting.
At this time this gamepad has been very expensive paperweight. It is alot easier to use touch screen. This fix is urgently needed.
And why the hell gaming phone does not support game genie to all controllers?
I like DS4 controller more than Kunai cause of the stick movement is a bit bigger.