This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 restarts automatically when call ends (More than 20 mins)

Kashyap
Star III
Hello all,
I have been facing a weird issue with my Rog phone 2. It is only 2 months old. Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issue.
So when my phone is connected to bluetooth headphone and I make a call for more than 20 minutes, once the call is ended by the other party the phone shows the account balance as a Class 0 Flash SMS. The moment the flash sms comes in the phone restarts automatically. Issue happens every 2 out of 5 times. So not always but intermittent.
My phone is up to date and also I have performed a clean reset from he recovery mode. But issue still exist. I have not tried without the bluetooth headphone but have tried 2 different brands headphone and issue is same. Also I feel the issue will occur irrespective of headphone connected or not. I have managed to make a video of the issue as well in case #Asus developers team wants to help.
Build: WW_16.0631.1910.44_0
38 REPLIES 38

Daulat
Rising Star II
My friend had a similar issue of phone reboot on a call or after it on his Asus zenfone max m2, diagnostic at a local services centre showed that it had antenna issue. Go to a local service centre and get your device checked

Kashyap
Star III
17daulat

My friend had a similar issue of phone reboot on a call or after it on his Asus zenfone max m2, diagnostic at a local services centre showed that it had antenna issue. Go to a local service centre and get your device checked

View post
Thanks for the information. Yes I was thinking of visiting the service center but I kind of feel the issue that I am facing might be a more of a software bug as it is not happening when I am using SIM2 (Vodafone). Only happens with SIM1 (JIO) Flash SMS.
Any thoughts would be helpful!

Daulat
Rising Star II
My friend had a Vodafone sim and i guess he got the antenna replaced or something can't say much about it.

Kashyap
Star III
@Anders_ASUS , @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
What do you think is causing this? Can you check with the Dev and see how to fix it ASAP. Day by day it is becoming very annoying to use the phone. I haven't had any issues with the phone except this but this is certainly the most annoying issue I think can be faced with a phone.
I see that @sanjaykkumar1986 has been facing the same issue.
# Class 0 message from jio
Update to my original post- Issue occurs mostly when the screen is locked and the other party disconnects the call. When I unlock and hangup the call then issue does not occur most of the time but sometimes.