This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic super low in calls.

frossaren
Star I
Just got my zenfone 6 a few days ago and am super happy with it so far. The only problem I have is that the mic suddenly became super low after an update. It is impossible to make calls without speaker mode (works good then?) and when I use the voice recorder it is so low that to be able to hear my scream I have to have full volume on playback. Is this some software related issue since the mic seems to work without problems when I am talking using speaker mode or is there something wrong with my phone?
6 REPLIES 6

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Let's test if your mic is working properly.
In your calculator app, please type .12345+=. This will open a diagnostic tool. Tap Single test, and navigate down to BoardMic and BoardMic2 test. Please perform the tests and see if your mics PASS.

frossaren
Star I
LP_ASUS

Let's test if your mic is working properly.

In your calculator app, please type .12345+=. This will open a diagnostic tool. Tap Single test, and navigate down to BoardMic and BoardMic2 test. Please perform the tests and see if your mics PASS.

View post
Mic2 is working in the diagnostics tool but not mic 1

frossaren
Star I
Considerng that the mic is working but just insanely low I suspect it is software related rather than hardware? Is there any way that I can try to downgrade an update to see if it works?

_jis_
Zen Master III
@frossaren
Is there any way that I can try to downgrade an update to see if it works?
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29265/#Comment_29265