cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

_jis_
Zen Master III
@CH_ASUS
This specific case has been raised internally, so that if you turn proximity off in the Call Screen settings, it should generally remain off.
But it's like scratching by your leg behind your ear and what more this will not help users who do not use Asus Dialer and use another Dialer.
As for all other cases, proximity inconsistencies, we'll feedback and hopefully devs can improve that.
As I said I very much doubt that the problems with the proximity sensor will be solved (with all its limiting factors like location, sensitivity, ...), so ensuring a standard Power button behavior during call would be a quick and easy solution.
So far, no one except Asus representatives has advocated a solution chosen by Asus, there is no single user to suit the current behavior of power button. It sounds to me as if your ZF6 developers don't even use it for making calls, otherwise I can't explain it at all.

Zenfone6_Boy
Star III
That's.......annoying.
Turning proximity off in the Phone settings seems to do nothing?
I've also muted myself this way which similarly sucks.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
ging057

Please fix call screen annoying bug.....

View post
Could you specify which bug? Proximity not sensing correctly at times?

Or are you referring to the power-key behavior during a call (in conjunction with the proximity sensor). This is a separate topic in itself - although discussed simultaneously here
Zenfone6_Boy

Is there any fixes for this?

Ideally, I want my power button to be the be all-end-all of turning on and off the screen during a call.

I must be holding the phone wrong because the screen turns on all the time during a call, and sometimes I turn on Airplane Mode accidentally which ends the call - all with my ear! Very frustrating.

View post
We get that is what you want. And we also get that it is partially because the proximity sensor is not always accurate on Zenfone 6. But which of these are more important to address if you had to choose?
Alaudeen

Hey Zenfone6_Boy Buddy, We are telling this problem past 3 months, but no use. The Asus team is trying to convince everyone and they doesn't feel this is not a problem at all. But at daily use, we are the one facing problem, since it is only app everyone using frequently. The main problem is because of poor Proximity sensor installed in the Phone and that too not in a correct placement.

So we are suggesting to make use of power button for screen Off/On while in call screen manually instead automatically. But our suggestions goes to trash. What to do, It's all fate. We have to wait for 2 - 3 months for the complete review before buying any new mobile. No eagerness anymore. It's all beacuase of our stupidity.

View post
Perhaps the better decision would have been to not include a Proximity sensor at all, if there was no room to place it towards the middle (flip camera and all)?

_jis_

@CH_ASUS

This specific case has been raised internally, so that if you turn proximity off in the Call Screen settings, it should generally remain off.

But it's like scratching by your leg behind your ear and what more this will not help users who do not use Asus Dialer and use another Dialer.

As for all other cases, proximity inconsistencies, we'll feedback and hopefully devs can improve that.

As I said I very much doubt that the problems with the proximity sensor will be solved (with all its limiting factors like location, sensitivity, ...), so ensuring a standard Power button behavior during call would be a quick and easy solution.

So far, no one except Asus representatives has advocated a solution chosen by Asus, there is no single user to suit the current behavior of power button. It sounds to me as if your ZF6 developers don't even use it for making calls, otherwise I can't explain it at all.

View post

To change the Proximity bug/behavior that if you turn it off in the Asus dialer - it will only "prevent screen off" but will not prevent "screen on". As @_jis_ mentions, this behavior is deeper in the system (to turn things on).
A subsequent change of this, I am assuming, would also change the 3rd party dialers, as the change likely would happen on the bsp level if it can be corrected.

This is still not related to power-key behavior. So here in the thread there are two main items;
Proximity sensor often wont work during a call (or rather, it will think the phone is away from the head) and unintentionally turn on the screen while the phone is still against the ear.
Regardless of 1 ; Power Key should be the override of everything. "Every phone manufacturer" has it this way - except Huawei, Oneplus, Vivo, Oppo. (And maybe some other).

If #1 can be strengthened, for some users, I think item 2 is redundant.
For others, item 2 is still preferred , regardless of item 1.

_jis_
Zen Master III
@CH_ASUS
Big Thanks for the perfect summary, as usual 🙂
Yes, I join a second group that would welcome the standard behavior of the Power button during a call.
But if the developers tune the Proximity sensor better too, it will of course also be welcome.

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
_jis_

@CH_ASUS

Big Thanks for the perfect summary, as usual 🙂

Yes, I join a second group that would welcome the standard behavior of the Power button during a call.

But if the developers tune the Proximity sensor better too, it will of course also be welcome.

View post
Me too suggest the same.