This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror movie 4:3 aspects ratio

When mirroring movie 4:3 aspects ratio, from ZF6 on TV, the entire height of a TV is not used.
(No difference, mirror via Google Chromecast or Wi-Fi direct. No difference Android 9 or 10.)
(But ZF3 used the entire height TV.)
12 REPLIES 12

_jis_

In what application do you mirror movies? I would try it on my TV.

View post
MX Player. Thank you so much.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Generally when you are mirroring your phone - it will mirror the entire phone.

The aspect ratio on ZenFone 6 is 19.5:1
Your TV is very likely 16:9
Meaning the image from ZenFone 6 is wider, and as such it cannot fill the height if it should fill the width (which it should).

Even if you output 4:3 on the video source through MX Player - what MX Player does is resize the video itself - not its own output. You can see from the on-screen displays, that they are still visisble - and that they are in the 19.5:9 aspect.

Zenfone 3 also had a 16::9 screen aspect, matching your TV.

CH_ASUS

Generally when you are mirroring your phone - it will mirror the entire phone.

The aspect ratio on ZenFone 6 is 19.5:1

Your TV is very likely 16:9

Meaning the image from ZenFone 6 is wider, and as such it cannot fill the height if it should fill the width (which it should).

Even if you output 4:3 on the video source through MX Player - what MX Player does is resize the video itself - not its own output. You can see from the on-screen displays, that they are still visisble - and that they are in the 19.5:9 aspect.

Zenfone 3 also had a 16::9 screen aspect, matching your TV.

View post
Thank you very much for your time, post and excellent value smartphone for money.
Please,
1. Image:4:3 movie on Zenfone 6. Excellent.......( 646KB)
2.Image:Use the Asus (Android) feature for mirror screen on TV. (MX/VLC player)....... (1.04MB)
3.Image:Use MX/VLC feature for mirror screen on TV. But, then I lose the subtitles on TV..... (11,85 MB)
All the best!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
ljubisa.milivojevic

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34852#Comment_34852

Thank you very much for your time, post and excellent value smartphone for money.

Please,

1. Image:4:3 movie on Zenfone 6. Excellent.......( 646KB)

2.Image:Use the Asus (Android) feature for mirror screen on TV. (MX/VLC player)....... (1.04MB)

3.Image:Use MX/VLC feature for mirror screen on TV. But, then I lose the subtitles on TV..... (11,85 MB)

All the best!

0UFSLFQ6M78J.jpg

X37VHJKZN3Z1.jpg

FGSXST0PW16O.jpg

View post
I am not quite sure what you would like to illustrate but I dont think there is anything "wrong" technically here.
If you lose subtitles on TV (item 3) it is lijkely because the MX/VLC specific mirroring output isnt outputting the subtitles either?

For Item 2 - it looks as it should be. a 4:3 in a letterbox matched on the sides instead of the top/bottom as the phone is outputting a 19.5:9 aspect (which it should).

_jis_
Zen Master III
ljubisa.milivojevic

When mirroring movie 4:3 aspects ratio, from ZF6 on TV, the entire height of a TV is not used.

(No difference, mirror via Google Chromecast or Wi-Fi direct. No difference Android 9 or 10.)

(But ZF3 used the entire height TV.)

Mirror movie 4:3 aspects ratio
I tested it as promised. It behaves the same way you described it and it is logical because we have a different aspect ratio than television. I completely solved the problem by installing this app:
[APP][4.2+] SecondScreen - better screen mirroring for Android devicesThis app REQUIRES elevated permissions, granted via root access or adb shell commands.
I used adb because I don't use root. In Tasker, I programmed a toggle widget on 9 lines using this app as a plugin. Switches the resolution to 1920x1080 on the first touch, returns to the original 2340x1080 on the second touch. It works perfectly.
Thanks for your inquiry, it gave me an impulse to solve it.
JZ0AE0COSRPB.png