This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Asus 5z in not in the category. Battery drain problem after android 10 update

I'm using Asus 5z from last 1 year was not facing any issues but after updating it to android 10 the battery start draining much faster then before, it's getting worst at this department. Battery is draining to fast compare to when it was running on Android 9.
15 REPLIES 15

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
PPJDP1JD6TCD.jpg
kikoly

Taiwan's 5Z Forum Moderator's response to 5Z Battery drain problem:

If you are experiencing power consumption, please confirm the following first Please confirm under what conditions does power consumption occur?

Do you feel power consumption during use or standby power consumption? If you feel power consumption during use Please provide screenshots of advanced battery power information & screenshots of application power consumption for moderators' reference (Settings> Battery> Click the battery icon)

If it consumes power in standby, please charge the battery to 100% before going to bed at night After filling, continue to charge for about 30 minutes, and then stand by (8 hours) After that, please provide screenshots of advanced battery power information & screenshots of application power consumption for moderators' reference (Settings> Battery> Click the battery icon)

Before standby, please clear the app in the multi-function key (function key at the bottom right of the screen), and restart the phone.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

View post
First off all thanksalot for your response to my comment i appreciate it now tell me what will u say about android system battery consumption? I used my device continually after full charge only for gaming and u can check screenshot nothing else i did from 100-4 %
Android system seems so hungry for battery nd also after calculating overall percentage it doesn't make total 96% of use if we minus 4% from 100 u can see that in screenshot

N m damn sure android 10 needs lot of optimisations but asus was in hurry to release it comparing other brands nd thay released beta version due to which we users have to suffeerr now
Nd not only battery also there are lot more issues yet to be fixed i wish mods notice all 5Z users watever the forum is as a user we have nothing to do with watever is asus doing but we juz need solutions from OEMS to our problems ?
As user since first gen zenfone 5 never faced such ignorance from asus on forums nor ny other complain from asus but now after rog arrivals asus is bit forgetting old users by juzz giving attention to new users or models thats partiallity n sad ? i got every generation zenfone at my home apart from zenfone 6 n ROG @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
amitgarde3

PPJDP1JD6TCD.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34904#Comment_34904

First off all thanksalot for your response to my comment i appreciate it now tell me what will u say about android system battery consumption? I used my device continually after full charge only for gaming and u can check screenshot nothing else i did from 100-4 %

Android system seems so hungry for battery nd also after calculating overall percentage it doesn't make total 96% of use if we minus 4% from 100 u can see that in screenshot

N m damn sure android 10 needs lot of optimisations but asus was in hurry to release it comparing other brands nd thay released beta version due to which we users have to suffeerr now

Nd not only battery also there are lot more issues yet to be fixed i wish mods notice all 5Z users watever the forum is as a user we have nothing to do with watever is asus doing but we juz need solutions from OEMS to our problems ?

As user since first gen zenfone 5 never faced such ignorance from asus on forums nor ny other complain from asus but now after rog arrivals asus is bit forgetting old users by juzz giving attention to new users or models thats partiallity n sad ? i got every generation zenfone at my home apart from zenfone 6 n ROG @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS

View post
If the moderators of the India issue response area do not respond to the question, you can try to respond to the Taiwan version. You may be asked to help record the log file to clarify the problem. https://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=335

akkinenikrish
Rising Star II
Battery drain issue aftr Android 10 is horrible whil using d devic...
standby is gud though..
kindly fix

aamod_v8
Zen Master I

akkinenikrish

Battery drain issue aftr Android 10 is horrible whil using d devic...

standby is gud though..

kindly fix

View post
yes its an Android 10 problem on part of google. Almost all devices running A10 suffer massive Battery drain. Unless google fix it asus can do very less about this

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
kikoly

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34893#Comment_34893

The previous forum was owned by ZenCare, and the mod of the new forum is a different department. blake_ASUS is the moderator of 5Z in India. According to the previous reply from Kris_ASUS, ZenCare is more familiar with the operation of the previous old models. The new forum is mainly based on ZenFone 6 (6Z) and later phones.

View post
Dear all,
Just for clarification, India forum is owned by local supporting team.
" ARP_ASUS" is the real Moderator of India Zentalk.
Thank you.