This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID 10... *FOR NOW*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Now, I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that the latest update for the Zenfone 6 has completely ruined everything. I absolutely loved my Zenfone 6. I still do. I babied it to death and it kills me that the latest update from 11/25/2019 ruined so many things.
1. Battery consumption has massively increased. I used to get around 2 days on a single charge with Android 9 but now I barely get a day.
2. The camera quality has become so bad compared to how it used to be before. I upgraded to the Zenfone 6 from my old Zenfone 3 solely for the camera. It took stunningly beautiful pictures until I updated to Android 10 today. Now, all pictures look over exposed. There is also noticable lag when recording a video and taking pictures in general and all of this is just a huge let down. The camera has so much potential and I would hate to see it go down the toilet because of an update.
3. Not many people have mentioned this but, the microphone quality has also become very bad/quiet. I take many Snapchat videos with friends and etc and until now, the microphone was perfect. It would record everything loud and clear. When I played the video back, the sound was perfect and I could hear everything that was going on in the video. Ever since the latest update that I downloaded today, the microphone has become EXTREMELY quiet. Now, whenever I record a video with friends and have music playing in the back... I have to turn the music up and tell my friends to speak up so that I will be able to hear them in video. It's kinda embarrassing. This phone was amazing, and I know it still can be. Whatever you guys did in this update, I hope you guys and can fix it.
IMPORTANT
Please let me know if you have any idea when the next update from Fota will be released. I am hoping that the next update will fix and solve all of these issues.
5 REPLIES 5

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31992#Comment_31992

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL/HelpDesk_Download/

Look for this one; dated Nov 27.

6B462RW3C96C.png

View post
U r late mod @CH_ASUS but thanks for the link alredy m up with lots of android 10 issue treads in old forum as well as new forum here many optimisations are required to 5Z as android system is hungry for battery in android 10 plz fix this and also few issues with new navigation bar it remains when watching videos through browsers and in some apps it does not automatically hides also few apps bar is invisble but that bar space is occupied due to which full screen experinces is ruined in 5Z we really need good support mods

ITS A KIND REQUEST PLEASE OPEN UP NEW TREAD SECTION FOR 5Z USERS HERE COZ NO ONE IS NOTICING OUR ISSUES IN OLD ZENTALK INDIA FORUM NO ANY MOD IS REPLYING alredy up with 4 threads after update there we trust u mods plz help us for better support and also 5Z is capable of lot more hope u get it @LP_ASUS @and06tw @and06tw?@and06tw @and06tw@and06tw @and06tw