cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut to Enable/Disable Adaptive Brightness

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Team,
Seems, Adaptive brightness is getting turned off sometimes. I have no idea about how and when it is getting turned off.
It is difficult to check the status whether it is enable or not. Also hard to enable it from settings menu every time.
1) Can we have tile in quick setting window as like other phones next to brightness toggle?
2) Do we have any shortcut to enable it, instead of going all the way to phone setting and then Display ?
Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

mr_strange
Rising Star II
I too had this problem. Adaptive brightness automatically turns off
Anders_ASUS

Adaptive brightness will stay on unless you deactivate it but I agree it does behave strangely sometimes and in these cases you have to set the brightness manually. It doesn't mean it has been deactivated. Eventually, in future FOTA, you will have the option to toggle adaptive brightness on/off from the quick menu

View post

hitechfan
Star II
It is better to be next to brightness slider

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
hitechfan

It is better to be next to brightness slider

View post
I agree, that is the best place as always.

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS Any possibilities to add this toggle in next FOTA?
Also, I request to make sure to have this option in Android 10 as well.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Adaptive brightness will stay on unless you deactivate it but I agree it does behave strangely sometimes and in these cases you have to set the brightness manually. It doesn't mean it has been deactivated. Eventually, in future FOTA, you will have the option to toggle adaptive brightness on/off from the quick menu

View post
Yep I noticed that as well, there are times where I pressed the slider in the notification bar by accident and it goes to low but it would not automatically adjust itself immediately and sometimes I have to manually set it and sometimes it works after a while.
I did a sensor test in the menu and the sensor is working perfectly fine.
Would you guys also include a feature where I can set my device to turn off at a certain timing at night and turn itself back on again in the morning ? My other phone has that. That would be a nice feature to have.