This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone not working

pendsan
Star I
My Asus Z6 ringtone configuration points to Audio files folder for selection but does not allow me to select any ringtone.
By default it displays my ringtone to be Festival. But that file does not play. Only a muted desk bell sound is heard.
I faced this problem when this phone was brand new. It did not allow me to navigate to the Asus ringtone collection folder. I worked around it originally by downloading a ringtone from the internet into the Audio files folder and pointing the ringtone configuration to the downloaded file.
Is this a known issue?
What's the best solution
8 REPLIES 8

_jis_
Zen Master III
Did you try to restart your phone?

pendsan
Star I
I did. The problem persists

_jis_
Zen Master III
Remotely similar problem see this thread:
john.kissane

I wanted to use a custom notification sound but the phone won't allow me to select the file & gives the error message shown in the screenshot. The sound file

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/828/66IWXP93P0AI.mp3

was originally an mp3 file but I converted it to ogg just in case the zenfone 6 didn't like mp3's. Any suggestions for how I can use the sound?

The error comes when I use the '+' button & then the file manager to select the file location in the Notifications folder on internal storage. Original file is also attached.

GHQOIP1ZC06S.jpg

Custom notification sound
"Clear storage" to "Media Storage" system app, restart phone and check again.

pendsan
Star I
I do not get any error msg. It just won't select a file it was previously using.
Also the real issue is there ia no navigation to access factory ringtones. Else id have no need for custom ringtone