cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo speaker balance, bottom speaker is louder

ZT-0b0e9d91
Star I
Hello,
I have ROG Phone 2 12gb 512gb (official phone with asus warranty and official latest firmware). After nearly 2 weeks of using it, I recently noticed bottom speaker sounds louder than the top speaker. I thought each speaker in this phone has it's own amplifier and it wouldn't have the same unbalanced stereo sound like most other phones out there. Anybody else notice the same?
I guess it may also depends on the contents as well, but majority of the time, bottom sounds louder than a top speaker. Some contents, top speaker sounds louder than a bottom speaker. Is this a hardware or software issue? or both?
I hope asus release an update that allows users to adjust stereo balance.
Thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Vamp
Zen Master I
sitthinart@gmail.com

Hello,

I have ROG Phone 2 12gb 512gb (official phone with asus warranty and official latest firmware). After nearly 2 weeks of using it, I recently noticed bottom speaker sounds louder than the top speaker. I thought each speaker in this phone has it's own amplifier and it wouldn't have the same unbalanced stereo sound like most other phones out there. Anybody else notice the same?

I guess it may also depends on the contents as well, but majority of the time, bottom sounds louder than a top speaker. Some contents, top speaker sounds louder than a bottom speaker. Is this a hardware or software issue? or both?

I hope asus release an update that allows users to adjust stereo balance.

Thanks

Stereo speaker balance, bottom speaker is louder
Same here.... But it doesn't annoy me as the difference is not always comparable...

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Bottom speaker is bigger than top one So you may not get same loudness. But I personally don't feel any disturbance.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
There is a small output difference but they've been tuned to give a good stereo image. Maybe not perfect but its a phone so compromises are to be expected when it comes to the speaker sound. The only phones that I've seen with better audio are phablets.

Psy-Virus
Star I
Welp, I just opened a new thread about this problem. And then I found this.
OP, do you have the same behaviour on headphones aswell?
For me it's not only the speakers it's also an unbalanced headphone (tried different headphones) output. The right channel generally sounds louder, even with a special file that contains the same data and volume on both channels.