This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom notification sound

john_kissane
Star III
I wanted to use a custom notification sound but the phone won't allow me to select the file & gives the error message shown in the screenshot. The sound file
was originally an mp3 file but I converted it to ogg just in case the zenfone 6 didn't like mp3's. Any suggestions for how I can use the sound?
The error comes when I use the '+' button & then the file manager to select the file location in the Notifications folder on internal storage. Original file is also attached.
GHQOIP1ZC06S.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
wen you get next update better factory reset once.... it has solved multiple issues for me... last month...

_jis_
Zen Master III
john.kissane

I considered that but can live without a custom notification sound just to avoid having to do all the set up again. Is anybody from ASUS able to comment on this?

View post
When the next update arrives, do it this way:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32040#Comment_32040
You can try at least these steps now if it helps:
Clear cache to all apps.
Restart in Safe mode.
Restart again.

_jis_
Zen Master III
@john.kissane
How did it end up? Did it help you?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi

Downloaded the sms.mp3 , put it in /download/ and /notifications/

Used "+" to add the custom ringtone and everything worked fine here.
Trying to duplicate the issue but cannot - did you try to delete the file from your phone, and just download the same one you uploaded here? (Retrace the same steps we are).

john_kissane
Star III
_jis_

@john.kissane

How did it end up? Did it help you?

View post
Sorry for the delay, afraid that didn't help. However I did get it to work by copying the file into the notifications folder used by Slack (Android/media/com.Slack/Notifications) & it then appeared on the list of Notification sounds & worked.
For reference I previously had it in the same folder where my custom ringtone lived in a folder called Notifications on internal storage.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
JWDEYGYFF68X.jpg