This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gamepad - Key Mapping Analog stick issues

Volodesi
Rising Star II
It's very stuttery looking when moving in games. It also commits to a full slide if you press the stick quickly and let go. Making you move more than it should in games like shoot'em ups.

It pretty much makes it unusable for me in a game like Azur Lane. I just ended up mapping the D-Pad instead. Which isn't as great for moving diagonal though.

I uploaded a video to show it off. You can see that when I move the thumb-stick in a smooth circle it stutters in game and if I flick the stick in a direction and let go instantly. It keeps moving. It's like the input does not stop until it's fully reached the outer edge. It is also treating a very slight tilt as a full input. So fine movement is out of the question too.

9 REPLIES 9

n3ac3y
Star II
I've literally not found anything attachable to this phone to be lag free a so far. I'm paying out the ass for a bunch of products that might as well be from madcatz.

The desktop dock is a laggy mess with minimal user control, cant tweak resolutions or anything.

Plug a controller in? Good luck it probably is clunky as hell when you actually get to using the sticks. Even if you use the dock usb nothing works

Ok so the controller lags? I'll just try mkb and game genie. Oh wait I cant shrink buttons beyond the joystick input and if you press 4 keys at the same time the phone acts like you are trying to farm crypto with it.

For a gaming phone it runs suspiciously like a 3rd party product even when asus produces their own add ons

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I'm not really getting any input lag. The only real input lag I get is when I use the desktop dock. The mouse cursor has some horrible input lag. It's bad no matter what or how I connect the mouse. I tried it on three different mice. I think the lag on mouse cursors is a recent Android software thing.

The mouse input on my Nvidia SHIELD tablet isn't that bad and it's stuck on Android 7(Lollipop). Google has gone out of their way to make Android less physical keyboard and mouse friendly. There isn't even an option to change the cursor speed anymore. Which did exist in older Android versions.

n3ac3y
Star II
That's both interesting and depressing:(

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Volodesi

It's very stuttery looking when moving in games. It also commits to a full slide if you press the stick quickly and let go. Making you move more than it should in games like shoot'em ups.

It pretty much makes it unusable for me in a game like Azur Lane. I just ended up mapping the D-Pad instead. Which isn't as great for moving diagonal though.

I uploaded a video to show it off. You can see that when I move the thumb-stick in a smooth circle it stutters in game and if I flick the stick in a direction and let go instantly. It keeps moving. It's like the input does not stop until it's fully reached the outer edge. It is also treating a very slight tilt as a full input. So fine movement is out of the question too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTq6bmI_LU

ROG Gamepad - Key Mapping Analog stick issues
There are some software & hardware challenges when working with screen overlay controls and small physical controls like the Kunai. There's definitely room for improvement and we will take your feedback very seriously and do our best to improve the software and add more features for a better gaming experience
How much input lag would you say that you're experiencing? I'm not a gamer but when I try my dock with a mouse, I would say that there's no noticeable input lag at all. This is from moving the cursor on the home screen. Not in any games.