This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AccuBattery says my one month old phone has 90% battery health?

Mvarun
Rising Star I
I installed AccuBattery just when I got my phone and it's saying the battery health is 90%. Is this normal? I usually try to keep the battery charge under 75-80% and not let it get to 100% unless i really need it. I know this isn't always accurate but i expected atleast 95%, and the highest measurement doesn't even go over 5800mah letalone 6000mah
HMUQ5D0JIXRT.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Hello, I too have similar readings in Accubattery.
I think Asus restricts battery from get charged to its full 6000mAh capacity to reduce fast wear outs. The highest I've seen in Accubattery is around 5600mAh battery when the phone is left to the charger even after reaching 100% charge. While this is a very good measure, Asus should have given us option to disable this mechanism as in which they gave in older Asus Zenfones (its was called 2x battery life span).
OLY4MNEH7QYR.jpg
W5UGFNJ1L4AK.jpg

Can mods clarify this?

Mvarun
Rising Star I
kchinnavigneshraja

Hello, I too have similar readings in Accubattery.

I think Asus restricts battery from get charged to its full 6000mAh capacity to reduce fast wear outs. The highest I've seen in Accubattery is around 5600mAh battery when the phone is left to the charger even after reaching 100% charge. While this is a very good measure, Asus should have given us option to disable this mechanism as in which they gave in older Asus Zenfones (its was called 2x battery life span).

OLY4MNEH7QYR.jpg

W5UGFNJ1L4AK.jpg

Can mods clarify this?

View post
Oh wow, I did not know that was a thing. If that is the reason, there definitely should be a way to turn it off.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Typical capacity is 6000mAh but it's rated 5800mAh. It's normal that manufacturers use the typical capacity in the specs rather than the rated one. On top of this, accubattery isn't 100%. You will notice how that estimated battery life goes up and down with every recharge. How much you drain your battery before you recharge will affect the result.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

Typical capacity is 6000mAh but it's rated 5800mAh. It's normal that manufacturers use the typical capacity in the specs rather than the rated one. On top of this, accubattery isn't 100%. You will notice how that estimated battery life goes up and down with every recharge. How much you drain your battery before you recharge will affect the result.

View post
Yeah I know it's not the most accurate but its almost always staying below 5600 and some even going even lower than 5200?