This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom notification sound

john_kissane
Star III
I wanted to use a custom notification sound but the phone won't allow me to select the file & gives the error message shown in the screenshot. The sound file
was originally an mp3 file but I converted it to ogg just in case the zenfone 6 didn't like mp3's. Any suggestions for how I can use the sound?
The error comes when I use the '+' button & then the file manager to select the file location in the Notifications folder on internal storage. Original file is also attached.
GHQOIP1ZC06S.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

john_kissane
Star III
I tried that as well but the phone says setting system sound failed. The other file shown in the screenshot is my ringtone which works correctly. This used to work in Android 9 for me as well.
IPH3TTLXZEWC.jpg

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
T8ORRC1L849X.jpg
i tried it did work... set as default notification

john_kissane
Star III
Thanks for trying it but like mentioned it doesn't work for me. Error message as shown in the screen shot.

_jis_
Zen Master III
If even such a simple thing doesn't work, I wouldn't think a second and put the phone into a factory reset, because something is obviously completely wrong.

john_kissane
Star III
I considered that but can live without a custom notification sound just to avoid having to do all the set up again. Is anybody from ASUS able to comment on this?