This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help!] I lose internet during phone calls. Why?

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi!
I wanted to share with you guys one problem I'm having with my ROG 2 that I also used to have with my old phone (OnePlus 5T).
The problem I'm having is that whenever I'm having a regular phone call, instantaneously I loose internet connection (4G). Why does that happen?
Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I lose data on mine as well if I get a phone call. I am using Google Fi and every time I make a call or get one. It switches from 4G to H. I only have one sim card inserted.

This also happened on my Pixel 2 XL using Software Sim on Google Fi.

The only time I can access data and call at the same time is when I am on WiFi. Since Google Fi supports WiFi calling.

Inigo_Wilson
Star I
Im not too sure but if you are not using VoLTE then this is normal. While in a call your phone switches to the call only bandwidth and cuts off the data connection and then after your call it switches again.

XKOMODOTCOM
Rising Star I
roaming setting should be active (on) if you want still online during phone call 🙂

Good catch. I found this out only when my bank wanted to simultaneously text a security code while on a voice call.
Sorry I have no solution.
FYI I've LTE Off, to minimize dropped network signal.
PS many callees tell me my voice is garbled, even though I hear them well.
PS2 I'm also noticing momentary network signal loss upon entering indoors.

OPC
Zen Master II
XKOMODOTCOM

roaming setting should be active (on) if you want still online during phone call 🙂

View post
Roaming means that if you go to another country you can use your phone on foreign networks.