Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Yeah first I exchanged my unit for dust in the camera,this is the exchanged one,do you have tint issue in videos,please upload a picture of the tint in dark environment at 0 to 30%. No matter how many times u exchange,the tint will be there,rog 2 is blessed and cursed as well,we just have to learn to live with it . don't expect asus team to do something because they aren't samsung , they're just gonna leave us and pretend this never happened. maybe they'll solve it in rog 3

vijuaddanki
Star I
ag.954gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20965#Comment_20965

Well yess i do all those things exactly. Specifically i keep my phone at lower brightness most of the time. I read at night at 0% brightness ( although the brightness at zero is more compared to other brands, but that's a story of other time ) and sadly flipkart india did give me a return and replacement, but i am pretty sure it might have the red tint issue too. I just hope it doesn't because i really like thise phone.

View post
ag.954gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20965#Comment_20965

Well yess i do all those things exactly. Specifically i keep my phone at lower brightness most of the time. I read at night at 0% brightness ( although the brightness at zero is more compared to other brands, but that's a story of other time ) and sadly flipkart india did give me a return and replacement, but i am pretty sure it might have the red tint issue too. I just hope it doesn't because i really like thise phone.

View post
How was the new replacement phone, do you still have red tint

vijuaddanki
Star I
Do you suggest me to buy this phone

OPC
Zen Master II
vijuaddanki

Do you suggest me to buy this phone

View post
Yes, advantages far outpass deficiencies.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
anjubunny123

Yeah first I exchanged my unit for dust in the camera,this is the exchanged one,do you have tint issue in videos,please upload a picture of the tint in dark environment at 0 to 30%. No matter how many times u exchange,the tint will be there,rog 2 is blessed and cursed as well,we just have to learn to live with it . don't expect asus team to do something because they aren't samsung , they're just gonna leave us and pretend this never happened. maybe they'll solve it in rog 3

View post
Yea that is what I am saying, everyone will have the red tint. Just what % of red tint. You can go for an exchange and hope you get one that isn't too bad. I have it as well but I am using dark mode on the stock theme instead of the ROG theme and it does not bother me much.
R35H9VZBB9IJ.jpg
BTO4KF3Z9SHD.jpg
IUZKPP39MOMS.jpg
As I was saying in my previous post...it seems like the UI just has more tint compare to incognito tab in chrome. It is still there..like all of us agreed.
This is what I get at 30% with some lights.
MB9ZVOQZLJCJ.jpg
Well they can do a little tweak to the colors and maybe do a little change in the color management department but that is about all that they can do. This is the nature of AMOLED. Can't run away from it.