This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port temperature abnormalities

OPC
Zen Master II
As the title suggest I got the notification saying that my USB port temperature is too high, that I should unplug the charger and take phone to Asus service center. The thing is it happened while I was playing Asphalt 9, with no charger plugged in. Instead the Aeroactive Cooler was attached.
I cannot dismiss this notification and I have the red led light blinking all the time. What shall I do? The video is attached

29 REPLIES 29

OPC
Zen Master II
LP_ASUS If try to recall the situation, it might be that the cooler was not pressed into the port completely. If I remember, I was playing Asphalt and didn't want to stop while red led was flashing. I remember that sometime during the game I realized the cooler was attached loosely and I squeezed it on both sides to lock it in place. Maybe this triggered the messsge. Otherwise I have the phone for over a month now, played Asphalt over 48 hours and almost all of it with the cooler attached and charging the phone through the cooler. Never a glitch until this strange message. But now everything is fine for the last 2 days. It charges normally playing or not.

saifiirshad
Star II
Hi, I am from India and I am using Rog phone 2. Just now I also get this notification while I was scrolling through my insta feeds. Phone restarts automatically and this warning of usb pops up. I wasn't even charging my phone. Then I google it and saw this post. Please suggest.
JCMOG40W2WGX.jpg

OPC
Zen Master II
saifiirshad

Hi, I am from India and I am using Rog phone 2. Just now I also get this notification while I was scrolling through my insta feeds. Phone restarts automatically and this warning of usb pops up. I wasn't even charging my phone. Then I google it and saw this post. Please suggest.

JCMOG40W2WGX.jpg

View post
I have restarted the phone and the message was gone.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
If the message doesn't go away with a restart, then you need to visit an ASUS Service Center

OPC
Zen Master II
No problems since than!