This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking SD Card bootloop

simondedman
Star III
My Zenfone 6 has been working great. I have a 400gb SD card in it with 350gb of music and that's been working fine also.
I just decided to restart the phone, and it got into a kind of bootloop:
Phone starts, gets to unlock location, can unlock or leave locked, if locked shows notification
"Checking SanDisk SD Card...
Reviewing current content"
If I unlock it says
"Phone is starting..." with a spinning progress bar.
And after a few minutes, it reboots.
I can boot with the SD card out then put it in while the phone is on but after a few minutes I guess the phone does a check of the SD card and then it reboots.
It seems this is a software bug with how the system deals with SD card content, potentially it has some timeout which causes the reboot if it takes too long?
Please advise if I can generate logs so y'all can fix this because the SD card slot was one of my top 2 purchase reasons for this phone.
Thanks.

Oh p.s. if one clicks "remember me" on the login screen for this forum, logins don't work. Please fix this bug (or remove remember me)
21 REPLIES 21

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
That would be a gigantic file, I might recommend against that because it would be hard to share.
Does this error take 1.5 hours to replicate? Could you sit in the driveway for 5 minutes to simulate driving and have the Bluetooth signal drop?
I'm not sure how R&D samples the log file, but I know that the log itself can be large when its a big sample, and that can make it tricky to share.

simondedman
Star III
@_jis_
fsck from util-linux 2.34
exfatfsck 1.3.0
Checking file system on /dev/sdb1.
WARN: volume was not unmounted cleanly.
File system version          1.0
Sector size                512 bytes
Cluster size               256 KB
Volume size                367 GB
Used space                 344 GB
Available space             23 GB
Totally 84439 directories and 62986 files.
File system checking finished. No errors found.

So you are.... absolutely correct. Weird that I have so many directories. Back of envelope math would suggest I should have maybe 8000 (10 songs per folder = 6200 with some overhead for artist and letters), so this is 10X more. More investigative work to be done.

simondedman
Star III
@LP_ASUS "to simulate driving", haha, I'll move my hands on the wheel and swear at other drivers to make it realistic 😉

Yeah I'll give it a go. Problem is it can often be 15, 20 minutes before it goes out. But I'll give it a whirl and report back when I'm done. Cheers for the advice. I might also do a quick logfile generation test since if the format is open & editable (xml, txt, e.g.) I can crack it open myself and delete all the unnecessary stuff.

simondedman
Star III
@_jis_ looks like the Synology cloudstation app responsible for syncing to the NAS might be the culprit here - within /Music/ there's a hidden .SynologyWorkingDirectory folder which is: 77915 items, totalling 11.4 MiB (11,980,733 bytes)
Absolutely absurd. The only folder within that is #SynoRecycle. Deleted that, which looks like it's the same few folders copied infinity times, potentially 50% of the folders are a copy of some small notification sounds I synced and removed one, a week ago. Terrible coding from Synology and seemingly I'm not the only one. Good thinking jis for asking about this.

Used space                 318 GB
Available space             49 GB
Totally 6599 directories and 58894 files.
File system checking finished. No errors found.

A .nomedia file was somehow created automatically in /Android/data/; should this instead be in /Android/data/com.synology.dscloud/ ?
Should I delete it and see what happens?
Thanks again for your input!

simondedman
Star III
That looks to have worked a treat. @_jis_ thanks again so much, I'll be having a strongly worded email support ticket exchange with Synology, who seem to be going from weakness to weakness in the last few years, turning working products into buggy messes.

I think I'll celebrate tonight by sitting in my car and not driving anywhere 🙂