This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte on the ROG Phone 2

Jango52517
Star III
After hours of research I found out that it seems that the ROG Phone 2 has the hardware necessary for Volte and band 71. I understand that ASUS may have their reasons for not wanting to get certified but realistically 99% of people would rather just get a different phone as opposed to switching carriers. What are the odds that ASUS could get the ROG 2 certified and get Volte enabled and band 71 supported? I genuinely want to keep this phone but realistically I don't think i can, I might have yo return it if Asus decides to refuse to care about its customers and products... I love the company but this is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth like it is for many others.

TLDR: What are the odds of getting Volte and band 71 on the ROG Phone 2?
23 REPLIES 23

jovanramirez1
Star I
And there goes my money walking away from this phone..... I guess Samsung will get my money. I will also inform other people not to purchase this phone. I was literally going to purchase it in two days when I received my paycheck, but If I won't be able to call people and receive phone calls, it's not a phone. It's a miniature gaming PC in the US....

MadDuke
Star II
Anders_ASUS

I can't comment whether or not VoLTE is coming. Only that this subject is frequently discussed internally. We read everything you write and the reason why we can't say anything is because it's complicated. Users that need a Yes or No right now will have to decide for themselves if they want to take a chance or go with another brand.

View post
This is completely Asus fault. It doesn't have Anything to do with carriers. You can always put it in Developers settings. That way it's not officially endorsed and that's that-

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
MadDuke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24009#Comment_24009

This is completely Asus fault. It doesn't have Anything to do with carriers. You can always put it in Developers settings. That way it's not officially endorsed and that's that-

View post
I feel your pain but it goes both ways, I am not sure if it works the same for all carriers but some carriers may be blocking unsupported devices and also Asus has to allow the device to accept the IMS registration. I have a colleague who is using a one plus device and he is also facing the same issue. So it goes both ways and not just one way.

MadDuke
Star II
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33756#Comment_33756

I feel your pain but it goes both ways, I am not sure if it works the same for all carriers but some carriers may be blocking unsupported devices and also Asus has to allow the device to accept the IMS registration. I have a colleague who is using a one plus device and he is also facing the same issue. So it goes both ways and not just one way.

View post
Exactly. That's why I've said. Leave it in Developers options to enable it and Tada. Then it will either work or won't.

Anders_ASUS

I can't comment whether or not VoLTE is coming. Only that this subject is frequently discussed internally. We read everything you write and the reason why we can't say anything is because it's complicated. Users that need a Yes or No right now will have to decide for themselves if they want to take a chance or go with another brand.

View post
With the release of MKBHD's 2019 smartphone awards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnwUz-I2GI, and the ROG Phone 2 crushing it with 3 awards, I think that is great publicity for this amazing phone. I have read on many forums that this phone has the hardware for VoLTE, but carriers cannot enable it on their end because the phone "isn't supported". I think that, in light of the awards this phone has received, ASUS should gift us all with a software update that enables VoLTE that can be downloaded sometime in January 2020. That would be the best way to kick off 2020, at least for me. I don't want to have to keep taking my LG V30 with me everywhere, but I won't be activating my ROG Phone 2 on my carrier until I know for a fact that I will be able to continue using my phone as a phone past 2020 on Metro by T-Mobile.