This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 notifications delayed or none existent.

EmpireSA
Star II
Hi all I've had my Rog phone 2 for about a month now and I've noticed a few problems with it.
1. Notifications - little or none existent, the notifications come through very slow or not at all. I read that you have to go into battery settings and auto start master. However I'm not convinced that has fixed it. If I connect to WiFi my notifications start rolling in. I've never had a problem with notifications, something a cheap smart phone can manage instant alerts, but this phone seems to drag. I was really excited about this phone and would like to get this problem fixed asap.
2. The space-bar - writing messages whilst typing fast, I occasionally press the smiley face icon left of the space-bar and during the texting war would send all kinds of .gif moving images and it's really annoying. Perhaps moving from IPhone to this Asus android phone a little different but the space bar is so small! Not ideal for my sausage fingers but wondering if I can get it adjusted or download another keyboard.
That's all I have for now, appreciate if someone can guide me in the right direction as I use this phone for work and instant notifications are a must.
13 REPLIES 13

EmpireSA
Star II
Oh dear so I've bought a phone that doesnt work properly in the UK? I wonder if Asus support can help me. What do you mean refer to the sticky for more info? Can anyone help with this issue?

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
EmpireSA

Oh dear so I've bought a phone that doesnt work properly in the UK? I wonder if Asus support can help me. What do you mean refer to the sticky for more info? Can anyone help with this issue?

View post
Yeah. It's a version designed for china only, different LTE band too. There's some fix if you can't return it. Change the fingerprints like vaxavix said but it's not official fix so no Asus support (there's non official forum but you'll lost warranty even the Chinese one). Or change rom back to CN, the easiest is download the latest version of CN ROM from here. I think WW is at .44 and CN is .52. Put the file in phone root folder (basically not in any folder) and restart the phone to see if it update by itself. If not then the seller messed a bit too far and you do have be to flash raw CN ROM. Good luck.

EmpireSA
Star II
Ok thanks for your feedback I will have to try a few things, but when I bought it, it did say tencent version which mean nothing to me but now I have to live with that.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
EmpireSA

View post
Sorry EmpireSA, I was running out of time last night but wanted to respond. The sticky thread is here. https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...
In a nutshell, ASUS Support can't really help you. Anything we do to help has a very high risk of damaging the phone or introducing more software errors. I also wouldn't recommend going back to the CN firmware, because you would lose access to all Google services (kind of important for an Android device). I wish I could do more to help.
If possible, try and contact your reseller and see if there is any kind of return option available.