This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

nholie5
Star II
hope the nxt update will fix this.

bunnyfastard
Star III
**TEMPORARY SOLUTION**

Hi All,
For people facing an issue with trigger working even when you touch the back of the phone.
I've found out a lame but working solution for now. I recently ordered and applied a skin for my phone.
Turns out, the trigger does not fire now when i touch the back of my phone (now with the skin). So look for some material and place it at the back of your phone (a piece of thick paper) and try if the trigger works then. If not, Voila! ? Just buy a skin or a small paper cutout.
I know this is not a permanent solution, but a temporary fix until the team
comes up with a solution.
Please try and let me know if this works for you.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
bunnyfastard

**TEMPORARY SOLUTION**

Hi All,

For people facing an issue with trigger working even when you touch the back of the phone.

I've found out a lame but working solution for now. I recently ordered and applied a skin for my phone.

Turns out, the trigger does not fire now when i touch the back of my phone (now with the skin). So look for some material and place it at the back of your phone (a piece of thick paper) and try if the trigger works then. If not, Voila! ? Just buy a skin or a small paper cutout.

I know this is not a permanent solution, but a temporary fix until the team

Y03SUBIL1BGH.jpg

comes up with a solution.

Please try and let me know if this works for you.

View post
This is a similar but separate issue. If your Air Trigger is activating when you touch the back of the phone, that indicates a hardware issue and we recommend you visit a service center. I understand that you have already had the phone repaired, but if you are still seeing the issue you will need to have it repaired again.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
nightsilvance

Mine is global 12/512 version. After the previous update, the frequency that the issue happen to me is greatly reduced. But once in awhile it still happens.

View post
What percentage of the time is it happening compared to before? 25, 50%? Is it after long gaming sessions when the phone is hot, or at any time? What kind of feedback can you give us about before and after the software fix?
Does it only happen in some games, or each one?

bunnyfastard
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33271#Comment_33271

This is a similar but separate issue. If your Air Trigger is activating when you touch the back of the phone, that indicates a hardware issue and we recommend you visit a service center. I understand that you have already had the phone repaired, but if you are still seeing the issue you will need to have it repaired again.

View post
Hi,

If it is a known hardware issue, why are so many people out there facing the same issue? And if the Asus executive already not able to solve the problem, how is visiting again going to solve it?