This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

Lino
Star II
My device is working perfectly, I just want the option to do software updates , but I can't get any updates at this point in time , Asus can help if they want to , I really hope they will consider seeing that there are so many devices like that around the world.

vaxaviv
Star II
Lino

My device is working perfectly, I just want the option to do software updates , but I can't get any updates at this point in time , Asus can help if they want to , I really hope they will consider seeing that there are so many devices like that around the world.

View post
If you will fix your fingerprint and switch it from CN to WW you will be able to manually update the firmware without an issue.

Lino
Star II
My fingerprints is working and I have a ww Rom, I purchased it like that, but my Rom is not the latest and it keeps telling me that I have the latest 1906.19-0

avivalon78
Star II
vaxaviv

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33440#Comment_33440

If you will fix your fingerprint and switch it from CN to WW you will be able to manually update the firmware without an issue.

View post
Ma kore Aviv?
Gam ani kaniti et hamachshir kacha..
Can u help me with this? I'll appreciate if you'll send me a WhatsApp..0549981175..toda

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I feel for everyone but sadly this something that is quite hard to avoid since the phones are coming out from China and to be honest anyone can just temper with the phone and re-pack and resell it.
I think ASUS can open a official ASUS web store on Amazon that ships to many countries, I am not sure if they have that but it will definitely help ? especially for those people who live in a countries that does not have a physical Store front.
Is there other reasons that you guys would want to Flash the ROM to Global from the China version ? it is because of google services right ? If that is the case I am just wondering...can we some how do it like the HuaWei mate 30 pro where people installed google manually in order to enjoy google services except google pay of course.