This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C headphones not supported (Zenfone 6/6Z)

Jeb
Rising Star II
I currently have a few pairs of USB-C headphones I'd love to be able to use on my phone, but I can't because they aren't currently supported in the software.
Please add support for USB-C headphones in the Asus Zenfone 6.
I understand the phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack, but that doesn't mean USB-C headphones shouldn't be supported, especially with more and more USB-C headphones coming to the market.

7 REPLIES 7

ColorSage
Zen Master I
It can't. Phones with minijacks usually don't support analog audio over USB-C because these lines are wired to a 3.5mm port. You can use USB-C headphones with Zenfone 6 only if they have integrated DAC. Otherwise, you're out of luck and that won't be changed by any update.

Rustylord
Rising Star II
Yah I have tried OnePlus earphones, it worked.

Jeb
Rising Star II
nishaanth5000

Yah I have tried OnePlus earphones, it worked.

View post
The Type-C ones?

Jeb
Rising Star II
ColorSage

It can't. Phones with minijacks usually don't support analog audio over USB-C because these lines are wired to a 3.5mm port. You can use USB-C headphones with Zenfone 6 only if they have integrated DAC. Otherwise, you're out of luck and that won't be changed by any update.

View post
What about headphones that have the DAC integrated? I believe my old HTC U11 headphones had the DAC included, rather than being onboard the old phone. Upon connecting them to my old U11, the device would even push firmware updates to the headphones.