This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor is inconsistent

Reuben
Star III
I have to hold my phone in weird angles for the proximity sensor to switch off the screen.
Even when it does so correctly, I sometimes see the display flash on and have to reposition to switch it off.
On occasion this has resulted in my face accidentally switching on airplane mode, cutting the call, dialing some numbers etc.
I have tested the sensor with the .12445+= code in the native calculator and it passes.
Please look into this.
4 REPLIES 4

_jis_
Zen Master III
Do you have any screen protector or cover on?

Akshay42
Star II
Reuben

I have to hold my phone in weird angles for the proximity sensor to switch off the screen.

Even when it does so correctly, I sometimes see the display flash on and have to reposition to switch it off.

On occasion this has resulted in my face accidentally switching on airplane mode, cutting the call, dialing some numbers etc.

I have tested the sensor with the .12445+= code in the native calculator and it passes.

Please look into this.

Proximity sensor is inconsistent
I have the same issue and posted a query.
Unfortunately not received any response.
I just moved airplane mode on notification way down where my ear won't trigger it.

peter_kadlec
Star III
I had this problem in Android 10. After UPGRADE to Android 9 it is okay again.

_jis_
Zen Master III
But proximity sensor turns display on automatically while on call even if user press power button to turn display off, which is completely undesirable during a call and it leads to these unwanted touches.
This issue exist in A9/A10 on ZF6.
Please add your votes to the appropriate thread so that Asus finally does something about it.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7473/asus-calling-screen-annoy-screen