This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

FredrikH03
Star III
After just a few months, I already broke the screen...
But the way it happened is what really dissapoints me: The phone slipped out of my hand and hit my WOODEN FLOOR, and the main glass under the screenprotector shattered and the screen itself. Wooden floors are not supposed to break glass. This just shows how weak gorilla glass 6 is when it comes to impacts, and shows how bad LCD screens are. I used both the case that comes with the phone and a screen protector, but the main glass and screen still broke...
So now i have to send it to my insurance company so they can find some way to get it repaired since litterally not a single store in Norway is able to repair it. At least in half of it...
On the next zenfone I would like if you changed the LCD to at least AMOLED and use gorilla glass 5, or a strenghtened version of gorilla glass 6.
5 REPLIES 5

kalmah
Rising Star I
Hi, I had the same problem, after 8 weeks they exchanged my phone for a new one, because there was no spare part for the repair, I paid what would cost the repair I got a new one - Czech Republic

cobben
Rising Star I
This why I always use a good flip case.
Haven't cracked a phone ever, not even my old Xiaomi Mi Max, which was too big for my pockets, and was falling out several times a week.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
All kinds of glass have certain chance of surviving the fall regardless of frame or type of display. It's bad luck. Nobody can guarantee your glass won't crack.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
It is unfortunate your wooden floor caused the ZenFone 6 to shatter its glass upon impact. As to why and how, I think there is really not so much more to say in this topic that has not already been said in the thread.

As for repairs, while each country / each insurance company have different routines - if your insurance company has you covered for accidental protection, you may contact your local ASUS service center for a "out of warranty" repair quotation - they should be able to assist you in getting it fixed - and you may link that up with your insurance company.

We cannot really give any specific guidance as details will vary around the globe, but check with your insurance company and then check with your local Asus service for quotation.